Last 5 minutes

I sighed and ruffled my hair in frustration. I immediately stood up when the doctor came out of the room. Again, it's still Dr. Lee.

"Doctor, how is she? Why did she faint?"

"The ambulance crew told me that you knew already, about the virus."

I slowly nodded my head.

"Mr. Jeon, before I froze you, I told you that it is actually really rare to live more than a year with the virus and yet, your wife made it."

"Then why did she faint?"

"Apparently she made it but that's not gonna be permanent. The day will still come."

"W..what do you mean? She..she's still here,right?" I asked begging and hoping that I wouldn't hear the answer that I didn't want to receive at all.

"Yes she's still here, you can go see her now."

I sighed as I was relieved that she's not gone yet. Before the doctor left, I stopped him.

"Doctor, I don't understand. You said that people made the solution already, that's why I'm fine now then...why can't you use it on her? She can be fine then!"

"As I've said, she's been fighting for years already, her immune system can't take it anymore. It's too late to have the operation. I believe this is her limit already. Mr. Jeon, I don't want to say this too since I've been taking care of both of you for years already but..," he sighed, "please be prepared."

He placed his hand on my shoulder to calm me down before I stumbled. I leaned against the wall. I couldn't believe this, Laura is about to go.

I pushed the door open and slowly entered the room.

Beep- Beep- Beep-
The sound from the heart rate machine was heard. I finally tore up, when I saw her figure. From her face, I could see how much pain she's having. She's now sleeping but still frowning, the pain was too much for her.

I walked to her side and took her hand. I stared at her small pale hands.

"Laura, you need to wake up, we've been through so much, you can't just leave me behind..."

Beep—— Beep——
I turned to the heart rate machine and saw her heart rate was slowing down. I panicked and held her hands tighter.

"No, no Laura, wake up, please! I'm Jungkook. I'm here!" I put her cold hands on my cheeks.

Suddenly her fingers moved.

"L..Laura?"

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. She weakly smiled, "hey Jungkookie."

"H..how're you feeling? I'm..I'm gonna find the doctor now." I said as I stood up. But she stopped me when I was about to run out of the room.

"No, just stay here with me."

Hesitatingly, I dragged my feet to the chair again.

"Tell me you're gonna be alright Laura, you never lied to me, just promise me and I know you're gonna keep your promises."

She didn't reply, she just chuckled.

"Yah Jungkookie I will never ever leave your side, I'm always with you if you think of me."

So you think you're gonna leave me too?

"Yes you're right, you're always always with me." A smile spread on my face, though it's fake.

"Ah right, Jungkook if you wanna eat anything, especially your special dishes, I learnt them from a cooking book that I bought in a book store years ago, I put it on the shelf in the kitchen."

"You're gonna cook for me anyways, it doesn't matter where it is as long as you know."

She looked away and said, "Jungkookie, I..no matter what happens, remember that I'm always with you. Don't ever stop moving on because of me. I'm just a girl who walked pass your life."

I remained silent.

"Maybe I'm just not the one..maybe the only one girl for you is gonna come very soon and that girl, is your other half, not me at all."

"No!" I yelled, "you're the one, I'm telling you, no one can ever replace you."

"Arraso Arraso Jungkook," she continued, "you know, what I regretted most in my life?"

"What? For going to the roller coaster with me?"

She laughed, "no! That's actually quite fun."

"Told you! It's fun isn't it? It's not scary at all."

She rolled her eyes at me and explained, "I guess what I regretted the most, is to go into the forest."

"You mean the time when you we.," I made a guess.

"Yeah, why did I even bother, just for a bottle of water. Nothing would have happened if I...if I didn't leave that time."

She stopped talking because she ended up crying hardly.

"It's..it's all my fault."

My heart softened when I saw her crying like this.

"No baby it's not your fault. Don't cry, I'm here with you." I wiped away her tears.

"I'm sorry Laura, if it's not me, you wouldn't be suffering like this. You can have the money, you won't have the virus and the worst thing that I've ever done is to leave you behind for all these years," I sobbed, "I'm sorry Laura. You must've been so lonely these years."

She swiftly looked up and asked, "you found out already?"

"About the money?"

She nodded.

"Yeah."

"But it doesn't matter as long as you woke up at last." She giggled.

How can someone still try to cheer others up when her time is about to come?

Abruptly, she moaned in pain. She pressed her chest while squeezing my hands.

"Doctor! Doctor!" I shouted and held her hands.

"You're gonna be alright. Just stay right here, look at me. Please please don't go," I cried.

"I'm sorry Jungkook, please," she tried her best to continue despite the pain that she had on her chest, "please forgive me for not making it. Maybe this is the best for me, be..be happy for me okay? I can finally be relieved seeing you being alright after 11 years." She chortled but ended up feeling more painful.

"Promise me..y..you're gonna live well okay? I'm always with you...no matter what."

Tears kept on rolling down on my face.

"Okay Laura, I promise you..."

"Jungkookie, I love you...I will be waiting for you up up high..."

Before I could say 'I love you' to her, her hand dropped onto the bed.

Beep———
The heart rate machine showed her heart rate as zero. Her eyes were still open, like she's staring at the ceiling. Soon doctors and nurses rushed in. The doctor checked her pupil with his torch.

He soon announced, "time of death, 17:49."

"No..," I shouted and ran to the bed.

"Wake up, I said wake up! Laura, don't you love me? So wake up, please...You're gonna cook for me everyday you said that! Laura..."

"Take him out of the room," the doctor ordered and the nurses came to me, pushing me out of the room.

"Sir please calm down," they told me.

"Laura...come back! I did the push-ups so now I'm telling you what I need you to do is to stay by my side!"

Before the door was closed, I looked at her one last time before the doctor covered her with a white sheet.

I sat onto a chair out of the room.

"Baby, why did you lie... Didn't you say we're gonna go cycling tomorrow?" I mumbled.

What I could feel now was cold. I wasn't complete anymore. Without her, there's no reason to live anymore.