C21 | Warm Relief

Cora slept extremely well that night, and as she lied there that morning, the fresh sun barely lighting her room, Ludovic filled nearly every thought

Cora slept extremely well that night, and as she lied there that morning, the fresh sun barely lighting her room, Ludovic filled nearly every thought. Cora replayed the way he looked at her the previous night, over and over. And the way his hands felt in hers, or how she was aware of how much larger he was...there was something so inviting about that, never having seen someone quite like him before.

Cora was shameless in her thoughts, moving her head on the feathered pillow to glance to the right of her. She wondered what it would be like to wake up to such a male like Ludovic, to sleep next to someone so powerful.

I am utterly hopeless.

Cora sat up, getting out of bed and shivering as she put on the clothes she had from the day before. When she put on the leather boots, a knock came to her door. "Yes?"

"It's Hilda."

"Oh, come in."

The aged witch entered, and while she still looked like she needed a fresh set of clothes, she also looked well-rested. "How did things go last night, with the Alpha?" Hilda asked, walking over and sitting on her bed.

Cora looked away almost immediately, smiling and then letting it fade as she didn't want to give away too much. "I tended to his hands. He told me that I didn't have to do that, and that he would take care of me anyway." Cora paused, and then smiled, looking down as she said, "He isn't against me as his Omega, I don't think. At least, I think he sees the merit in it. So, it's good news all around."

"Well, at least he is better than Theran," Hilda said with relief, shaking her head. "I wasn't really going to let you go to him, you do know? I would have figured that out, one way or another. Witch's are known to be crafty for a reason."

Cora yawned and rubbed her eye while she smiled. "Fortunately, we don't have to consider that. I'd prefer for us all to just relax and get used to this new life here. I want to just live a normal life with you and Ben."

Hilda's eyes gentled, looking Cora over. "I hope for that as well."

Hilda looked like she wanted to say more, and Cora was about to mention how there was nothing stopping them now, until she recalled Steigen. They both looked away and at the floor.

"So, did Ludovic confirm where you stand among this pack? What is our next move?" Hilda asked.

"He just let me know that he wants me to have space for now, and that he won't send me away to Steigen. He did refrain from placing me at his side...but, I think it was just to be respectful...because we definitely had a moment. It was small, but it was there," her grin rose ear to ear, "It's embarrassing how much my mind wanders with thoughts of him. I just met him," she said.

The sunlight caught the rogue hairs from Hilda's loose braid. "No...you are someone who has lived a very solitary life. And Ludovic, even in my eyes, is clearly alluring. You will become attached very easily, I think," Hilda said, looking at Cora with a cautious gaze. "You do need to always remind yourself that you need to go slow. Don't let your heart get ahead of your mind."