C23 | His Words

Cora got out, her body dripping with warm water, and put on her thin night dress that hung loosely on her shoulders and came to just above her thighs, her wet hair hanging over her shoulders

The water from her hair seeped into the fabric, but a surprisingly bold side of her didn't bother to alter it. Her exposure to these creatures wasn't long, but it was long enough to know that they didn't shy away from these displays. 

A part of her wanted him to see her like this. She had to be bold if she wanted to become an Omega. She had to have strength if she wanted to own the title of Omni. And right now, she couldn't help it and wanted him. So, she'd subtly, or perhaps not so subtly, reveal that she didn't mind if he looked.

And as that thought made her smile, another part of her weighed it back down. In truth, she was stuck in an awkward duality of desires, one part of her wanting this life and all the luxury, and the other reminding her she hadn't earned it.

That didn't mean she would stop fighting for an Alpha's approval, however, as it was better than remaining without a mate. Acquiring a mate was like creating  one more wall for Grimshaw to climb over. Especially in regards to Ben. If she had a mate and a family here to protect him, then that was enough to convince her to do anything she had to.

The room that Ludovic was in was located just through another set of doors, two guards remaining outside of it with Walder guiding them all and opening the door for her. The stone was cold beneath her feet, but she didn't care. She was to present herself to him, no matter the discomfort.

Mina said, "So, through these doors is a private area for the Alpha. It's a lot more relaxed."

As the door opened, she was greeted with the smell of a hearth and of golden glowing light. The large room was filled with trinkets and furniture, with so many places to sit. Homey. This is homey. It was very much like her own home, in that it felt lived in. Of course the usual, large open windows lined the walls to welcome in the beautiful moonlight, but it also brought the low temperatures. Cora shivered, mostly used to her smaller room with a singular, small window and hearth. 

Sitting by a rumbling fire was Ludovic, leaning back into a chair while wearing his usual garb of leather pants and a cloth tunic tucked into a belt. His eyes moved to her before he faced her, eyeing what she was wore, his gaze lingering where her wet hair tightened her dress. When she gave an involuntary shiver, he looked her over and nodded towards the fire.

That's when Cora noticed Rasha standing next to a window next to the fire, staring at them before saying, "Thank you Wilhemina for your assistance. Please, take Asla away."

Mina connected her gaze with Cora one more time before bowing her head and leaving, Asla following her without speaking. It made Cora understand just how much Ludovic was the Alpha, as this was the first time Asla was so quiet and dutiful.

Once it was only the three of them, with Walder shutting the doors as he left, Rasha spoke, her deep voice carrying over the empty room, "Hello, Cora. It has been a while. Please, come to the fire."