Terms/Differences/Map

This is NOT an Alpha/Beta/Omega series. There are Alphas and Omegas...but they operate differently. I may change these terms at a later date, but for now I'm going to finish this draft with those terms in mind.

 I may change these terms at a later date, but for now I'm going to finish this draft with those terms in mind

This is a reference page for those that have been around, or are new, to werewolf stories. All the terms in the story will be defined organically, but I know with so many people defining their own world, it can help to have this to reference back to.

 All the terms in the story will be defined organically, but I know with so many people defining their own world, it can help to have this to reference back to

(Also, don't worry about the terms , in the sense that you have to remember them before reading the story. These get referenced numerous times in the story. This is, again, merely a reference)

Alpha: The leader of a pack. Any gender can have this role.

Omega: The mate to the Alpha. In terms of Pack ranks, it's Alpha/Omega/Vardan/Beta. The Omega — male or female — is the highest ranking member in a pack next to the Alpha. The Alpha and Omega exist to create a circle of power. (Traditionally in werewolf novels, and Alpha/Beta/Omega universes...these are the lowest rank. Not in this story, where the lowest ranking is something else.) Any gender can have this role.

The Talons: There is a First/Second/Third/Fourth Talon. They are the advisors to the Alpha

First Talon: The official advisor the Alpha -- this is the right hand main. Think of a vice president to the president.

Second Talon: This is the guy/gal that oversees the sentinels in a pack. They are the more military driven advisor to the Alpha

Third/Fourth Talon: These are political advisors who excel in Pack politics.

Vardan: A rank of lycans that head their Clans.

Clan:  A family name that exists within a Pack, and many territories within a pack are broken up into presiding Clans. Think of a City and then Neighborhoods. City = Pack / Neighborhood = Clans. Clans traditionally are broken up based on family name. So imagine if a neighborhood was the Jones Neighborhood, or the Turner Neighborhood.