C28 | Scent, Warmth, and Fur Blankets

Ludovic's magnetism pulled Cora in like a warm fire on a bitterly cold night

Ludovic's magnetism pulled Cora in like a warm fire on a bitterly cold night. It wasn't hard to imagine why so many allowed him to take the throne as alpha.

The things she wanted from Ludovic...it made her blush when he leaned in and pressed his lips against hers. It wasn't clear what lycans did to initiate romance, but Mina had mentioned that they do kiss, although will sometimes forgo it in favor of their lycan instincts.

Cora enjoyed that he engaged in kissing, inhaling when his lips moved with hers, his face taking up the space in front of her, breathing in the scent that escaped his lungs that made it entirely his.

Having his mark on her neck eased her trepidation for wanting him. It seemed expected, now, elevating her excitement and need, as who else was she to do something like this with?

Cora wanted to feel powerful. To feel like an Omni. Wouldn't lying with an alpha give her that?

As Ludovic's hand touched her shoulder and slid up to the back of her neck, the kissing grew more fluid, the heat of his tongue just at the edge of her lips, the strength of his lycan grip more than she had ever experienced...she became aware of how unorthodox this was for someone who grew up in a merchant's village.

Her human trepidation crept in, even if she tried to push it away.

She suspected she was more inexperienced than other lycans her age. Suffering the curse of changing eye colors meant Cora had to sneak her time with men in the dead of night on a new moon, leading to her only going very far with a man only on one occasion, and even then, it didn't last long.

When there was a small break in the kiss, she confessed, "I'm not sure what I'm doing." Gazing into those pale, silver eyes of his, she added, "But I want to keep going. I just, you know, don't want to disappoint."

Many things filtered through his gaze, including hesitation. Which only made her fret.

A few inches separated their noses, which now felt like too much space as she worried he would pull away. "I know what I want," she said, looking over the smallest details of his face.

"So do I," he hummed back.

"Which is?"

"I don't deny there's a primal part of me that enjoys being the male to bed an Omni," he said, looking over her face. "But you're still so human. Is it even right to take that here?"

Despite not truly knowing him, it felt rather easy to be open with him. Perhaps it was the way he led, or the way his bite mark mixed with her enamored feelings. Or how safe she felt in his grasp, mixing with the warmth of the fire, and the quiet of their room.

It felt important to admit, "There's this part of me that says I am being too eager. That it would be more romantic to do this elsewhere. Or is that not something lycans worry about?"