~Chapter One~

Los Angeles, 2020

Los Feliz High School

Maggie's POV

The bell rings, signaling the end of 2nd period. The sounds of talking students and giggling girls fill my ears as I start making my way over to my locker, which is conventionally next to Julie's.

"Hi Jules," I say with a smile as I start opening my locker.

"Hey Maggs," she quickly replies whilst getting her locker open. A certain stylish girl starts walking up to the girls.

"Hey underachiever, chicken nugget," Flynn smirks as she leans against the locker.

"Hey disappointment," Julie grins. She turns to face Flynn.

I roll my eyes, a small smile coming to my face. "Hello to you too Flynn."

Flynn's face turns serious.

"Okay, I know you don't want us to ask, but have you figured out what you're gonna do today?" Flynn starts, looking at Julie with concern. 

Julie shrugs. "I'll know in the moment."

I sigh.

"Really Jules, that's all you're giving me?"

"Julie, Mrs. Harrison said this is your last chance," I start to say.

"I know, I was there."

"Then start acting like it." I know I sound a bit harsh, but Julie has real talent. Ever since her mom died, she kinda just shut it out. I know what it's like to lose someone and-

"See you at the rally." A suddenly snapped out of my thoughts. I looked over to see Carrie of all people handing out flyers for the pep rally to some of the jocks, her auburn hair shining bright against her pink and black outfit.

I closed my locker.

"Ugh, what is she handing out?" Flynn asks with disgust.

"Desperation," Julie replies rather smugly, and we all start to snicker.

All of a sudden, the Carrie starts walking up to us.

"Oh no," I mutter. I really don't want to be in this mess.

"Here you go. My group's preforming at the spirit rally tomorrow. I'm sure you guys have nothing better to do," she says with a sickly sweet voice as she hands each of us a flyer. 

"Oh my gosh, Carrie. Thanks!" Flynn says sarcastically.

"Oh my gosh, Flynn. Don't bother coming!" Carries replies, placing a hand over her chest where her heart should be.

"Oh, and Maggie, you can still come if you want to."

Once Carrie steps away, Flynn crumples to flyer up.

"Why does she even like you?" Flynn asks.

"Probably because she doesn't see me as competition. But gosh, her face is so punch-able, isn't that right buddy?" I ask Scooby, who has been sitting quietly next to me since the beginning of the conversation. Julie doesn't reply, her eyes locked on a boy texting on his phone.

"Um, hello?" I ask, waving a hand in front of her face as she finally snaps back into reality.

"Nick? Still?" Flynn starts saying. "You know they're gonna get married and have a bunch of unholy babies."

"Nick's a sweetheart," Julie whispers.

"You'd actually have to talk to him to know that. And only one of them has to be a demon to make a demon baby."