~Chapter Eight~

Jules and I were awkwardly standing in front of a crowd of those who were filled with questions that we did not want to answer.

I gave a nervous glance at Julie before turning my gaze over to the lighting technician kid approaching us.

"Hey, where'd the rest of the band go-"

The purple skittle of Dirty Candy interrupted him. "Wait, were those holograms?"

Julie and I shared a look, before turning to the crowd.

"Yes! Yes, they were holograms..." Julie starts.

"We plugged them-it, we plugged it, into the ceiling projector before the show," I added. "We'd explain it, but it involves science and algorithms and stuff." We both let out nervous chuckles.

The crowd starts cheering, looking at us in amazement. I can't help but deadpan at their stupidity.

A few seconds later, Reggie walks up onto the stage, shaking his butt at the crowd. I pretend to cough, hiding my smile as I see Alex look at Reggie with murder in his eyes. Although the applause has died down, I'm not able to hear their conversation.

Principal Lessa started yelling. "Ok, people, shows over. Let's get back to class please." She was herding them out the doors.

Mrs. Harrison slowly approached us and I gave Julie a knowing smile.

"I'll leave you to it then." I skipped out the gym. Julie is finally getting her dream come true!

Before I can get any further, I was stopped by a bright pink skittle and her entourage.

"Well, look who it is, little miss nobody. I don't see your dog anywhere. Parents send him to the pound?" Carrie asked, a fake pout on her lips.

I tried biting back my tongue. "You know that's not true. But what would you know, daddy's money can't buy you everything." My heart was starting to beat erratically. I felt like a bomb about to explode.

Rage can be seen in her eyes. "Yeah, well at least I have some smarts not to kill the only person that loved me."

The bomb inside me finally exploded. My world suddenly came to a halt. I felt frozen in the sea of students, and utterly alone. My vision became blurry as tears filled my eyes. I did what I've been doing for years. I ran.

My whole world seemed to sway as I made my way to an abandoned classroom, one I knew no one would bother entering.

I became hyper aware of my breathing and pounding heart, but as blackness encased me, it all seemed to fade away.

~Flashback~

I was running, much like I had just done, tears streaming down my face.

"Maggie, MAGGIE! Stop!"

I kept running, only to glance behind me at the same face that had chased after me years ago.

The sidewalk was busy, and people turned their heads as they watched our game of cat and mouse.

I crossed the road just as the crosswalk sign turned red.

Before I could go any further, the screeching of tires and a large thump caught my attention as I turned my gaze to the crosswalk. There sat a body, twisted and mutilated in the most horrific of ways.

Blood. There was so much blood.

"Maggie, Maggie, can you hear me? Mags?"

~Flashback ends~

"Mags, are you okay? Do I need to get Julie?"

How could anyone have gotten in? If I remember correctly, I had sat myself down against the door. My body continued to shake as I raised my head to see the owner of the voice. Reggie.

"No," I croaked out. "I'm sorry. This would have gone better if I had Scooby with me, but I haven't been allowed to take him with me lately."

Reggie crouched down to my eye level and gave me a confused look. "But I thought you said you wanted to go a few days without him."

My lie. How could I forget about my lie?

"I'm sorry. The point is, please don't tell Julie about this. Or anyone for that matter. People have enough on their plate already. I don't want to be a dead weight."

He took a seat against the wall beside me. "Well, I don't think your a dead weight. Stop apologizing so much. I think you're actually pretty cute."

I let a a small laugh at that, a smile once again on my face. "Really? I never thought a tomato would be your type. I'm probably all red and blotchy."

We both laughed at my statement, before returning to a blissful quite.

"Can we stay like this for a little longer?" I asked, turning to look Reggie in the eye.

"I'm a ghost. I've got all the time in the world."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 844

A/N - Hey guys, and welcome back to another chapter of "Ghost Bumps"!

Finally a bit more revealed about Magnolia's past. Leaves you thirsty for more. I really hope everything is to y'alls standards. If you find any errors or have any recommendations, please comment below or message me.

Anyways, please Like, Comment, and Share with your friends for more!

~LiliRei