~Chapter Fourteen~

I don't know how long I was sitting on my bed, but by the look of the dark, silent houses outside my bedroom window, I could tell it was late enough.

I heaved a heavy sigh, my eyes still stinging from my previous tears, which will no doubt still be swollen and pink during school tomorrow. Well, technically today.

I had continued to stare at the grey wall ahead, even when a familiar whooshing sound came from my side, and Scooby's head perked upright from my lap.

"Uh... hey."

I took a moment to wonder if my parents would care that Reggie, a boy, was in my room in the middle of the night, even though he was a ghost.

"Hey."

There was a moment of silence before he spoke again.

"Sorry we bailed. We came eventually... but you and everyone else were gone. I just wanted to check on you."

I finally turned to face him, giving him a clear image of my distraught face.

"Well, clearly, I'm fine. You can leave now," I replied. It scared me how void my voice was of emotion.

Instead of leaving, Reggie just continued to stare silently at my figure.

"I don't think..." he started hesitantly. "... this is just about being bailed on."

My small facade cracked under his comment, and my head turned to the direction in which my parents bedroom was. His head followed my gaze and his eyes became clear with recognition.

"Oh."

I was desperately trying to hold in my now oncoming tears, not trusting him enough to see him after what had happened earlier this night.

He turned his attention back to me. "Can I sit by you?"

It took me a moment to decide whether or not I should, but I finally gave in to his request and scooted over on the bed, causing Scooby to jump off from the movement.

Reggie made his way to the bed slowly, as if not to scare me away. What surprised me was when he sat down, the bed dipped at his weight. Not only this, but Scooby had jumped back on the bed and layed on both our laps, seemingly able to touch him. Lucky dog.

My attention snapped back to Reggie as he started talking again.

"For as long as I can remember, my parents always fought. At first, they tried to hide it from me, but I'd always find them at it. As I got older, they didn't bother anymore and it just seemed to get worse and worse." Reggie let out sigh through his nose. "My father was in no way the best dad. He had a gambling addiction and his thirst for money was the same as his thirst for alcohol. My mom was in desperate need of a getaway from our lives she would have called a dump, but she said my dad kept wasting it away. We all have our parent problems in the band, and Luke says my mom and dad were 'one fight away from a divorce'. I guess they never fixed their problems, cause now there's a bike shack, right where my house used to be."

I gave a small chuckle at this. Reggie heard and gave a grin.

"I mean, they made my neighbors house into a noodle shop. Why couldn't they make mine a pizzeria or something?"

I big smile spread onto my face at his joke. Even though I had told him to leave, he stayed to make me happy. 

We sat in a comfortable silence.

It was only when I realized what I had to do that my smile turned slightly bitter. He told be a bit of his past, it is only far to tell him a bit of mine.

"It was after everyone left to go to Carrie's little party when I got a call from my mom telling me to come home." My voice drew his attention back to our conversation. "I was surprised to find both my mom and dad in the kitchen waiting for me return." It took all my mental strength to say this next part. "Their getting divorced, and it's all my fault. I don't know what I'm going to do."

We stared at each other for a few seconds.

"You don't have to tell me more if you don't want to."

I grabbed a small pillow from my side and sat it on his shoulder knowing it wouldn't go through him unless he willed it so. 

I dug my face into the cushion and mumbled, "I wish I could hug you."

Reggie must of heard me because he let out a laugh, and I couldn't help but smile along with it.

With smiles and slight blushes on our cheeks, we leaned back against the headboard, I for one, ready to call it a night.

"Thank you Reggie. You're my hero."

"I'll be your Batman anytime, Mags."

With that, I drifted off to sleep, relishing in my temporary happiness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 948

A/N - AGGHHHHHH!!!! THE FLUFF!!!!

So I decided to grace you with my presence by posting this chapter, although it is a bit shorter than some other chapters. 

For the meantime, I've decided to post my new story, "Of Sun and Shadows", which I will do right after I post this chapter. I had originally planned to write another chapter before posting it, but I had just gotten lazy and thought if I posted it I would have more motivation to write.

Anyways, thank you so much for reading "Ghost Bumps". Please Vote, Comment, and Share this story with your friends. If you find any errors or mistakes, please comment below or message me personally.

With Love

~LiliRei