~Chapter Nine~

-After School-

                      Mom

Maggie: I'll be at Julie's for a little while.                                                           

"Maggie, are you coming?"

I look up from my phone and meet Julie's eyes.

"Yeah, just... texting my mom that I'm heading over to your place," I reply.

We start walking to her house, discussing the crazy things that had just happened that day.

~Time Skip~

We come across Julie's house. She looks in the window before turning to me and holding her finger to her mouth in a shushing manner. I peek into the window to see Mr. Molina huddling over a stack of papers. I look back to Julie and giver her a sly smile.

We creep in the house, careful to close the door quietly and lay our backpacks aside before Julie runs up and attaches herself to her fathers back.

"Daaaaaaad!"

"Aagh!"

The both chuckle. I take this time to aware Mr. Molina of my presence.

"Good Afternoon, Mr. Molina."

"Hey Mags, nice to see ya here," he says, a bright smile on his face.

I step up to him, looking at the pile of papers he was entranced in a few seconds ago.

Before I could ask my question, Juls beats me to it. "What are those?"

Mr. Molina waved it off. "Ah, just, you know, some stuff on other schools with music programs, and... and some private lessons stuff." I gave a warm smile to his effort. "I know it looks like a mess, but your dad's got this."

"Sorry for your wasted time, but Julie here got back in at school," I smirked.

Mr. Molina whipped his head to us. "Wait. Wait, what? You're not joking right now?"

"I went down down, I put on a show with Maggie and some ghost-" I jabbed Julie with my elbow, sending her a look. "-getters, go-getters, and Principal Lessa let me back in."

Mr. Molina threw the stack of papers in the air, pulling us both into a tight hug.

"Your awesome. I'm so happy for you. You both are the best." Mr. Molina let us go from his hug. Juls and I both can't help but giggle.

We picked of the strewn papers and set them down nicely on the table. Julie picks up one of the random flyers. "'The Australian School of Music'? That's halfway around the world."

"I... I was gonna bring you home for Christmas," Mr. Molina sputters out. I can't help but release a hefty laugh from his antics.

After a quick stop in Julie's room, we head out for the ghost-y studio. We both hear faint music, and Julie releases and exasperated sigh.

"Guys, you aren't supposed to be out here playing alone," Julie states after closing the door.

The two boys turn to us. "But were not alone, 'cause we always have each other."

I give a small "aww" to Reggie's little comment.

Julie rolls her eyes. "Ugh." She starts unplugging all the sound equipment.