~Chapter Eleven~

Maggie: Hey Juls! Just wanted to let you know I won't be at school today. No, I am not dead.        

I breathed out a sigh and placed my phone down. I had decided to skip today after all that's been going on. Nothing a forged doctor's note can't handle.

I walked over to my bed, jumping into the soft cushions. Scooby follows my lead, and I can't help but giggle.

"Just you and me today, bud."

~Time Skip~

I was startled awake by a loud ringing. I sat up and started blindly feeling around for me phone until I had felt something under my comforter.

"Aha!"

I was quick to answer the phone before it automatically hung up.

"H-Hullo? Who is this?" I let out a long yawn.

A familiar voice chimed out from the other end of the phone. "Seriously, Mags? It's Julie. Haven't you been getting my texts?" She sounded kinda annoyed.

"Sorry, no. I've been asleep. What time is it anyways?"

"It's 3:54. Flynn signed us up to play at the school dance and we were wondering if you'd come and rehearse the song with us."

The clouds in my mind parted from hearing this statement, finally fully awake.

"But that's so soon! Whatever, I love you all too much. See you in a gif."

I hung up before Julie could reply. I looked over to Scooby, who looked dejected from our interrupted cuddle time.

"Let's just get this over with."

~Time Skip~

"We're playing a school dance? Sweet!" 

Reggie showed Luke the flyer, the latter looking a bit disheartened.

"It's not exactly the Strip," Luke commented. I rolled my eyes and continued to rub Scooby. I heard Julie chuckle across the room.

"And your not exactly alive, so maybe you should be happy we have our first gig," Reggie pointed out.

"I second that, Reginald!" I yelled across the room. Reggie turned my way and gave me a smile.

Julie just continued to water her plants. "Look, I wasn't in love with the idea at first either, but it could be a great way to build up a following, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah. We need to play wherever we can, whenever we can," Reggie added.

I grumbled out. "Just not during my naps."

Some hope returned to Luke's face. "You're right Julie. Let's rock those kids' faces off and then play the clubs."

"And then record a single that gets a billion streams?"

"I don't know what that is, but hopefully it gets us a manager and a tour."

"Then we release a bunch of hit albums."

"Put out a country album that does surprisingly well," Reggie puts in.

"Ah ya, cowboy!" I whooped out, walking up to the grand piano everyone was standing by. Julie can't help but give us a questioning look.

"I shred on banjo, so..."

"Then I'll learn how to fiddle."

"And before you know it, we're being inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame," Luke concludes.