~Chapter Two~

After School

I've been waiting outside the school for my mom to pick me and Scooby up. I've been alone in the parking lot for about 10 minutes, school ending about 25 minutes ago. Says a lot about the parenting, doesn't it.

A silver Subaru pulled into the school parking lot, catching my eye.

I sigh. There she is.

As I go to open the back door to let Scooby in, mom puts her hand out, signaling me to stop and pointing at her phone on her hand. She's on a call. I now quietly open the door, letting Scooby jump in before shutting it as quietly as I can. I move up to the passenger door, opening it and jumping in the car before closing it quietly like I did with Scooby.

"Hey, yeah, sorry. I'm just picking up my daughter from school. No you're not interrupting anything. Anyways, about the business proposal...." I started to drown out her voice.

I know she loves me. It seems almost against a universal law for a mother not to love her daughter. Just, ever since the accident, she has a harder time showing it.

I sigh once again. I pull out one of my favorite books, Wonder, and begin to read.

~Small Time Skippidy Do Da~

Once we got home, I started taking off Scooby's harness when I heard the first sentance my mom has spoken to me since she picked me up.

"You're father won't be home from work till later so grab whatever you want to eat from the fridge." She walked off, probably to her office where she will spend the rest of the night.

You see, my mom is a business manager for some marketing company and my dad is a well-known pharmacist at a local pharmacy. They've been working a lot more, pretending like everything at home is okay when it's honestly not.

They've changed ever since the accident, putting more time into work then their own family. I know they have been trying their best to keep it a secret, but I'm pretty sure they're getting a divorce soon.

I felt a small, wet touch on my hand, only to look down and see that it's Scoobs. A small smile comes to my lips.

"Let's get you that treat I promised you earlier." His tail starts wagging in excitement.

I walk into the kitchen and get him a treat from a cabinet before turning to go up the stairs and to my room so I can start on my Geometry homework.

Later in the evening, I'm awoken from my homework trance by a buzz from my back pocket. I look out my window to see the sky quite darker than it had been. I I pull my phone out of my pocket to see a message in mine, Julie's, and Flynn's groupchat.

Jules: 911!!!

I could feel my face pale. 911 is only to be used in the most absolute of emergency's. I frantically type back.

Mags: I'm on my way 

I stand up from my seat, whistling for Scooby to wake up and follow me as I rush out of the room. I practically fly down the stairs as go to reach the door.

A note. I should probably leave mom and dad a note just in case they wonder where I am. I run towards the kitchen, finding a random piece of paper and a pen.

Hey Mom and Dad,

I'm going to be over at Julie's for a bit. I'll be back before curfew.

Lots of love, 

Your Daughter.

I run back to the door, slipping on my shoes and sliding Scooby's harness on.