~Chapter Twelve~

Previously  on "Ghost Bumps":

"Oh! Carlos, you know who's hungry? Me. Um, salt me a path to the kitchen."

Carlos leaves, followed by Flynn.

"Phew."

Julie turned back to her band mates with a relieved expression on her face. "Shall we try this again?"

Luke stands up from Flynns previous seat. "Yes, please. But remind us later. There's some Sunset Curve songs that we want to show you." Luke had a silly grin on his face, and I then knew Julie was intrigued. 

"Ooh! Show us now."

"Yeah, okay."

I released a sigh at the sight. The main character and love interest are starting to fall for each other, but the challenge of the love interest being a ghost will keep their feelings unrecognized. I can already smell the fanfictions being written (*wink wink*).

Luke scrambles to get the journal by his side. His face shows annoyance when he picks it up.

"'Home is Where My Horse is'?! Reggie, stop putting your country songs in my journal."

I burst out laughing. It's cute seeing Reggie's effort at trying to get his country album.

Anyways, Luke had pulled out the stray paper and tossed it to the side. Reggie walked up to retrieve it. "That was a gift."

"Thanks, buddy."

"You should maybe circle back and-" Luke cut Reggie off by walking away towards Julie.

"Hey now. Reggie has worked really hard on making those country songs. They'll for sure be a hit." I had finally reeled in my laughter to speak clearly. "Take some advice Luke and accept those marvelous gifts 'cause they'll be the ones that'll make you famous."

Luke had given me a look before going back to talk to Julie.

I looked over to Reggie to find him staring back at me, a blush and small smile gracing his face. I don't know what happened but my face decided to copy his actions.

Luke's quiet voice broke the silence and pulled our attention towards him. Though, I could still feel my heart thumping in my chest for the previous interaction. "I dog-eared the ones I think you would slay."

Julie started flipping through the pages.

"Who's Emily?" She asked with a sly smile. I couldn't tell what she was looking at from where she was holding the book.

"That one's not dog-eared," Luke complained. He went to reach for his journal, but Julie was quick to pull it closer to her.

Juls started reading the journal. "'If you could only know that I never let you go'. Wow, Luke. I didn't know you were such a romantic."

"Juls..." I voiced warningly.

Alex steps up next to Luke, swift to defend him. "He's not. That one's actually about-"

"No one." Luke interuppted. "That's just something that I tried, and..." He tried reaching for the journal again, but Juls pulled it out of his reach. Again. "But if you go to the next dog-eared page, I got a tune that's just... it's got a killer beat."

Luke started walking back to his place and Julie turned to the mentioned page, still curious about the previous song.

Luke starts off the song with a guitar riff.