~Chapter Seven~

The Next Day

I was sitting in the plastic blue chairs in the music room, Flynn miserably trying to play the trumpet. Everyone had gone to the pep rally, and Julie, at the moment, was no where to be seen.

I couldn't get off my mind how angry I was last night when the boys found me. I felt like I had gone a little harsh on them. I mean, they did invade my privacy, listening on one of my most heartbreaking and personal songs I've ever written, but they're dead. They've been dead for 25 years and now their back with no idea what this world is like.

Maybe I'm overthinking it. This would be a great time to have Scooby calm me down.

I released a sigh before being pulled out of my train of thought by the sound of footsteps.

"What are you doing?" Julie asked, referring to Flynn's dejected trumpet playing. Flynn finally put down the instrument.

"And where is everyone?"

"Where do ya think?" I questioned, sarcasm lacing my voice.

Flynn releases a sigh and answers my question. "Spirit Assembly. I was kinda blowing it off 'cause I wasn't feeling very spirit-y"

Julie too gives a sigh. 

Flynn looks quizzically at Jules. "You okay?"

Julie looks over at us. "Not really. I had this new plan to play for Mrs. Harrison, hoping that she'd let me back in, but... I guess I missed my chance."

"There's always next semester," I pitched, trying to lighten the mood.

"No, you didn't" Flynn says, a sly smile on her face. 

At first, I give a look of confusion, until I finally realize what she meant.

~Time Skip~

"Look who spent all her daddy's money on costumes and Katy Perry's choreographer." Flynn gives an annoyed expression and cross her arms.

"Well, it paid off," Julie says.

I roll my eyes. "Not enough apparently. They still make me want to gag." I try rubbing my head. This is all giving me a headache.

A few minutes later, Julie and I hear a weird warping noise and turn to see our little ghost buddies.

"What are you doing here?" Julie interrogates.

Luke gave a grin. "We wanna see you stick it to the man. Isn't that right boys?"

"Man I miss high school," Reggie says, a dazed look gracing his face.

"Trust me, you ain't missing much," I voice, my lips moving into a thin line.

Sometime during the performance I turn to see Alex dancing along with the girls, only to be caught by his band mates. I give a small smile to that.

Once Carrie and her literal back-up dancers stop, the crowd erupts into cheers.

"Thank you, thank you," Carrie starts, looking smug.

"We love you, Carrie!" Someone from the audience yells.