~Chapter Thirteen~

The high school gym was decked in red, white, and blue, students hyped up in the center. Flynn was up on the stage DJ-ing the event.

"Is everybody fired up for Julie and the Phantoms!?"

The crowd burst into excited cheers for the long awaited band.

Flynn continued. "Great. Keep that fire 'cause that's later. We're a bit behind schedule, but don't worry, just enjoy these mind blowing beats."

The music started up again as Julie turned to face me backstage. "I still don't understand why you didn't want your name in the band name. You are a leading singer."

I gave Julie a small smile. "It was you who brought our band together. And besides, it would be a mouthful if we added my name," I said. "I'm just glad I told her that right before she started making all those social media platforms."

Our attention was brought to Flynn walking off stage towards us.

"They loved it! But of course they would, I came up with it." Flynn did a little hair flip with that.

"We love it too," Julie started. "But we'd love it even more if the actual Phantoms were here."

Flynn glances behind us and her eyes widen. She points before turning to go back on stage. Both Julie and I turn to see-

"Nick!" Julie chuckles nervously.

I give a small, knowing smirk before sneakily maneuvering to the door. Julie turns to look where I was previously standing.

"Look Mags, it's Nick..." It's only when she's through half the sentence does she see me at the door. I raise my eyebrows suggestively before exciting the stage into the quiet halls of Los Feliz High.

I toy with my bracelet while I wait for the future couple.

The clicking of heels grabs my attention as I see Carrie walking over in her extravagant, pink faux fur coat, most likely to fetch her absent boyfriend, but not before giving me a look. A minute later I see bother her and Nick walk out and head back to the gymnasium and I take this as a sign to check on Julie.

"Hey, what time is it?" I ask once I come up to her side.

"9:15..."

A sense of dread fills my stomach. Heck, they're ghosts that can teleport. What in the world is taking them so long?

"Keep it funky y'all!" Flynn yells into her microphone, trying to keep the audience entertained.

Julie starts pacing and in an attempt to not join her, I sit against the side wall.

~Time Skip~

I check my phone for the third time in the past minute. It's been about two hours since the Nick thing and the guys still aren't here. 

"I can only stall for so long. It's 11:00-"

"We know!" I snap. I quickly realized my mistake and mumbled an apology.

Flynn continues. "I think you should just play by yourselves. I mean, holograms or no holograms you'll be amazing."

Julie looks up at Flynn from her seated position. "You saw me the other day. I can't play without them. They'll be here. They have to."

Flynn looks at me with begging eyes, but I shake my head in return.

"I can't play without Julie."

Flynn points to her watch before leaving to got back on stage.

Nick had walked back stage again to talk to Julie. I brought my legs closer to my body and cancelled out their conversation in hopes of giving them at least some privacy.