~{7}~

Killer was surprisingly patient. He had been trapped under Nightmare so long that he was ok with just staying here and not fighting him. True, he wished for revenge, but what if it went wrong? What if he was corrupted again? Error's 'everything could go wrong' stuff was starting to wear on him. The two had been sitting here well over an hour, and Error looked ready to teleport any second. He was doing something with his hands, but Killer couldn't see since Error's back was to him. Killer tried to fall asleep standing up so Error wouldn't bother him about it.

     "Killer," Error growled, jolting Killer awake. "It's t-time, let's g-g-go."
Despite wanting this, Killer felt a strange sense of dread now that it was happening. He pulled out his knife and tried to focus on his hatred for Nightmare instead of what could happen.
     "Alright," Killer mumbled.
     Error opened a portal before releasing Killer's soul. Killer looked at the portal for a moment, trying to tell what universe was on the other side. Error looked annoyed and Killer realized he wanted him to go first.

Once Killer was through the portal, he sensed Nightmares presence. Error came out behind him and the two looked around. It's a trap, it has to be.. Killer thought to himself, adjusting his grip on his knife. It only took a moment, something caught Killer's eye. He slashed his knife quickly in the direction he spotted it in. Nightmares tentacle dropped to the floor. Error looked at it before turning to the direction it came from. There was Nightmare, a glare on his face and his fists clenched. Killer tightened his grip on his knife. He knew any fear he felt, Nightmare could sense, so he tried to relax.

"..Killer. Come back with me now and I won't punish you for trying to resist," Nightmare grumbled, stepping out in the open with Killer and Error.
Killer glared at him. How gullible does Nightmare think he is? It didn't matter, because he was going to end this right now.
"You can't trick me anymore.. I'll never work for you!" Killer spat.
     Nightmares glare sharpened and more tentacles shot at Killer. Killer dodged and sliced at them whilst Error summoned some gaster blasters to fire at Nightmare.

Error was being ignored in the fighting. Nightmare dodged his attacks, then he would go back to trying to hit Killer. Killer dodged and tried to pull Nightmare closer so he could hit him with his knife. Though, it was risky due to his soul still be exposed. He didn't understand why it was visible still. Shouldn't it have turned normal, hidden wherever the souls hid? Nightmare let him, a red flag. He dodged Killer's swings and tried to grab for the immune soul, forcing Killer to back off every so often. Error grew irritated at Killers dangerous play, so he summoned wires and grabbed for him.

     Killer didn't realize what Error was doing until he felt himself pulled away from Nightmare. He turned towards Error and gave him a sharp glare.
"What the h-ll are you doing?" Killer growled.
"You n-n-need to be more —king careful," Error said in response.
     Killer sighed, adjusting his grip on his knife as soon as he was released. It didn't take long before he had to dodge Nightmare again. Clearly, Nightmare did not care about breaks. Good. Killer didn't either.

     Despite his fatigue, Killer kept up with his old leader. Though, it was difficult. Error was the only reason he hadn't been caught yet, thanks to his gaster blasters. Still, it wouldn't be enough. Killer hated to admit it, but in this state he couldn't defeat Nightmare. He wanted to back out, yet the anger inside him was a vicious wave that kept him going. He kept swinging and dodging, his pupils bright in his sockets. Yet the more he fought, the more tired he became. He needed to stop, why wouldn't he stop? Error seems to notice this, perhaps he'd decide to pull back.

     Killer should've expected this. Wires yet again wrapped around his soul and he soon lost control of them. His pupils vanished as he raised his knife and started slashing again. Nightmare let out a chuckle once Error had control of Killer.
     "Looks like there is no difference, Killer... except I let you control yourself..." Nightmare said, raising his remaining tentacles. "Maybe reconsider your decision..."
     Killer wanted to punch him in the face. Even this was better than what Nightmare did to him.

     Error continued to move him around long after Killer started to tip off. Apparently, he could fall asleep with his eyes open. So he did just that. In his dream, it was nothing but darkness that swallowed him whole. He didn't feel anything, it was peaceful. Of course, he was interrupted almost instantly. He felt himself slammed into a tree, a tentacle crushing around him. His eyes widened as he saw Nightmares grin, looking around to try and spot Error with no luck. He quickly forced a glare on his face as he tried to figure out how this could've happened.

     "You had your chance, Killer..." Nightmare said, his smile fading as he stared at Killer. "Now, I'll make this slow and painful."
     Killer felt the tentacle around him tighten to the point he could've sworn he heard a bone crack. He let out a pained noise as negative energy shot through him. He hated this. He hated feeling so vulnerable, especially to this man that used him for so long. Yet, he had no strength to stop him. His soul didn't give way, and he hoped it would stay like that.

     Nightmare kept to the 'slow and painful' like he said. Killer felt every second of it, and indeed it was painful. He showed it in his expression as well as in how much he trembled. Nightmare truly was sick, but he didn't care. He'd long lost himself to negativity and he was certain to make Killer lose himself to it as well.
     "You make this too easy," Nightmare said, smirking again. "I can't believe you'd rely on that fool Error to just slow down the inevitable."
     Killer couldn't even glare. He dipped his head as he grew used to the pain. This isn't real. He told himself before his vision went black once again.