♀: "I don't want a bodyguard!"

^Aria's face listening to the policeman talk 

**Not Edited (Please ignore the grammar and spelling mistakes. ;A;)**

"There are times where it seems the whole world is against you. Well, screw them."

--

♀ Aria POV

“I don’t want to stay at my grandparents house. They hate me,” I muttered to the policeman who was in charge of me. He scared the bajeebies out of me a couple minutes ago. I thought he was one of the gunmen but apparently I managed to survive.

Sure I had to cover myself in someone elses blood and play dead under a dead body for about three hours but I was alive. Survival instincts make it so you’re willing to do anything to live.

Anyways, back to the grandparents hating me thing. It’s true. My dad’s parents hated me and my mom. In their eyes, my mom was a ‘slut who married my dad for money’, and I was a ‘useless good for nothing worm who would end up as a hobo on the streets one day’. I’m not kidding. Those were their exact words.

“Sorry Aria, but they are your only family living in California.”

“Then I can just live by myself!”

“You’re only fourteen Aria. You have to be at least eighteen to be able to live by yourself.”

“But-”

“No buts. Also, you’ll be having a bodyguard to watch you.”

“What do you mean I have to have a bodyguard?!” I shouted, waving my hand frantically. Bodyguards are a no-no. They don’t like me, I don’t like them. I don’t like policemen either. I don’t like authority. I like food. And sleep. And unicorns.

“Heck no! I didn’t want a bodyguard! I mean, I could protect myself perfectly fine! I took… two days worth of karate! Okay, not impressive, but still. If things come down to the worst, I could always kick the guy in the balls and make a run for it!”

“You are in serious danger,” the policeman said, trying to calm me down. “If there were more people in that group and they knew you were still alive, that is dangerous. You will be part of the witness protection program as of now.”

“I thought they all committed suicide?”

“They tried but some were not successful. Just have bullet wounds in very painful places. About five survived.”

“I won’t get caught!” I continued arguing, “I mean, you guys already want to put me on twenty- four hour surveillance!”

“No argument. You will have a body guard provided whether you like it or not. Just be happy no one knows you are a witness yet. If that shit got out, you’d have to move to a cabin in the Himalayas and change your name to Helga and continue your education on a goat farm with ten bodyguards following you around all day.”

I puffed out my cheeks and narrowed my eyes at him before letting out the breath I was holding in. Sure I was being unreasonable but honestly, my whole day has just been unicorn poopy and I didn’t really care. If I’m sad, I want the policeman sad with me. Share the misery, you know?

“Then I’ll just not let the bodyguard into the house!” I stated, putting my hands on my hips.

“The bodyguard is armed, Aria. He’ll find a way into the house,” The policeman said in a deadpan tone.

I huffed. “Then I’ll… bulletproof all the windows!”

“The bodyguard is highly trained Aria. He could break into a bank and not get caught. I’m pretty sure he can break into an eighty year old couples house.”

“For your information, my grammy is 78! Only my grandpa is 80!” I stated, sticking my tongue out.

I know.

I’m so mature.

“The bodyguard will come by at about nine at night for a night shift,” The policeman said, totally ignoring me. “In the meantime, I suggest you go home and get a room prepared for him.”

“Why?! I don’t even want him there, why would I prepare a room for him?!”

“He’ll come whether you like it or not.”        

“Why couldn’t I get a girl bodyguard?!” I pleaded. If it was a girl, at least she’d blend in more, you know? I don’t talk to guys. Guys are like a whole different species I don’t want to get to understand.

“Because almost all the girl bodyguards are unavailable at this time,” He stated, shifting through his papers.

“Then I can wait for a girl bodyguard!”

“And during that time, the gunmen might strike, so that is definitely not acceptable,” He said firmly. “I’m doing my job Aria. And you aren’t making things easier.”

“But I. Don’t. Want. A. Bodyguard!” I yelled.

“You will have one, and that’s final. End of discussion.”

I sighed and walked out, already planning the bodyguard’s untimely demise. I hated this stupid situation. I’ll… Blockade all the entrances to the house so that stupid bodyguard can’t get in!

Now where can you find some good blockades…?

~~~~~

You can always rent some blockades! XD Seriously though, you can rent anything nowadays. Even a ninja. I'm serious, google it. Anyway, thank you so much for reading! Comment? Vote?Thank you! (yesh, I almost always end with the same thing. XD )