Chapter 8 : Guess I'll Die At Breakfast

Ch.8
Guess I'll Die At Breakfast

•<=>•<=>•

i don't seek trouble, trouble seeks me

•<=>•<=>•

"Welcome to Hogwarts."

"Hogwarts... seems lovely but can we have this conversation when I'm not being held in a chokehold and dangling over an open balcony which is probably-", She took a deep breath, "-200 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND BY THE WAY-"

Seraphina coughed and struggled to speak, her brain on high alert, conjuring up ways to get out of her.. situation.

And the rising amount of situations she seemed to be getting into was definitely becoming a problem.

[The deity, 'Keybearer of the Dead' is urging you to get rid of the hindrance.]

Sure, mother dearest, if only said hindrance would be kind enough to leave her throat alone.

"What is your purpose?"
Hindranc- ahem, the boy asked her, releasing some tension around her throat, which was now not so tightly secured by his hands, allowing her to answer him properly enough.

"You mean purpose in life? I think aurors have a great salary but the Ministry is too controlling, same with working as a teacher.. Maybe write a book? Or a shop somewhere? Maybe I'll do some tarot readings like muggles hm.. Yeah a shop sounds good, maybe a bakery or a flower shop in magical France? That'd be wonderful. If you were asking about some other purpose then I widely missed your point and just talked about career opportunities. Sorry?" She ignored the pain in her neck and talked.

"You think you're funny?-" He ignored the smug nod she gave indicating that she did, in fact think she was funny."-Well you aren't." The dark haired boy sneered, squeezing her neck again.

A small whine escaped her throat, eyes blazing in annoyance and anger.

"I'll ask again, what is your purpose for coming to Hogwarts?"