Chapter 10 : Someone Please Punch Slughorn Before I Do

Ch 10

Someone Please Punch Slughorn Before I Do

i don't like being told what to do

[✤][✤][✤]

-SERAPHINA FELT A STRONG GAZE ON HER AND WITH HER INSTINCTS and bad luck, she perfectly knew just who it was.

Should they become friends?

It was the best course of action, afterall, earn his trust, get recruited as a follower, destroy his death eater hierarchy from the inside yada, yada.

Riddle knew what he was doing, he was perfectly fine with it. How do you change someone whose beliefs are carved into their soul? Someone who thinks they're always right? Someone who manipulates everyone on a daily basis just to prove a point to Dumbledore? Who knows each and every fundamental of powerplay and aces it?

You don't.

Or do you?

Could she actually do something significant enough that he'll change? Friendship? Treason? Betrayal? or maybe Love?

But she doubted those'll help. Plus it was a lot of work she was not willing to partake in. Plus she won't be getting anything out of it, except, maybe some lives will be spared.

But then again, everyone, even wizards die at some point. Gods fall to eternal sleep, civilizations fall & creatures cease to exist.

She alone couldn't save everyone then.

Her natural self-preservation and expected hero complex fought against each other, a battle to decide her fate.

She wanted to complete the Tasks for selfish purposes and the Tasks themselves entailed saving others, rendering her a selfless person in the end.

Demigods went through this a lot, them just trying to survive peacefully but their environment and Gods constantly trying to turn them into self-sacrificing idiots.

Just because they owed their powers to the Gods, the Gods used them.

Turning them into mindless sheep for slaughter, who would be ready to jump off a cliff just to save a companion.