𝟐𝟎 | The Big Picture made of a Thousand Pixels

Her Aunt Jenna slept right next to her in the hospital room, making sure that she was alright throughout the night

Her Aunt Jenna slept right next to her in the hospital room, making sure that she was alright throughout the night. By morning, Aly felt every hour pass by as they waited for the tests to come back- and for the family doctor to tell them she was free to go. They left with a bag filled with new prescriptions and a bunch of juice boxes.

It was afternoon when she went to the Martin's, and even then Aly could still feel the magic flowing through her, buzzing from her fingers to the tip of her toes.

It was like the earlier days of her discovering magic, it was something exciting rather than something she hid away.

However, she still braced herself as she drove Jenna's car to the Martin's. She didn't know just how far the wedge between siphoners and witches were, aside from the looks Luka and Bonnie would occasionally give her. By habit, her hands flew up to readjust her headband while she parked.

A wide smile popped through her face as she saw who sat outside of the perch, newspaper on hand. Elijah was already there. Next to him sat a familiar girl with blonde hair, wearing a bright red trenchcoat. When she went nearer, she realized that Ruby was happily eating a carton of meringue.

"Good afternoon to you," Ruby greeted in sing-song. "Want some?"

Aly smiled up to her, grabbing a treat herself. "Good afternoon to you, too."

"How are you?" Elijah asked, concern danced through his brown eyes.

Aly shrugged, "All good." She answered, "Your blood helped out a ton, and-" she raised up her hand, twirling her fingers around, "so did siphoning."

They waited in quiet solidarity for Jonas to arrive, Luka briefly explaining to them that his father was off fetching supplies. Aly and Ruby sat down on the couch, while Elijah read the paper on one of the armchairs. She felt grateful that both of them were there, feeling not as nervous as she thought she would be.

Aly found herself having a mildly civil conversation with Luka about magic. She learned that he was taught early on, with both his father and mother practicing from an early age. They were previously part of a coven before his father decided to branch off shortly after his mother died. That was all before his sister disappeared.

She felt her neck warm-up when Luka asked her about learning magic the first time. The real answer was 'I don't know' but unloading that would probably be a little too fast, too soon. So she gave him the briefest explanation on how she accidentally blasted a guy off her during a road trip.

It was an oversimplification, but Elijah's page-turning and Ruby's occasional jabs in the conversation got her thinking that revealing Damon's previous actions wouldn't be such a good idea.