𝟔 | Bree's Bar

Vintage was the first thing Alyssandra thought of upon seeing her surroundings

Vintage was the first thing Alyssandra thought of upon seeing her surroundings. The room she was in had a high wooden ceiling that was matched with a crystal chandelier, there was a twin bed pushed to the corner, along with a white desk filled with toys. Next to it was a shelf filled with books. Aly tried to come closer to get a better look, but all she managed to do was squint.

Her head moved on its own, something that she was used to now. Aly had little to no control over her dreams, only ever being aware that she was dreaming. She caught a glimpse of the mirror in the room and only felt slightly surprised upon seeing her chubby pre-teen face staring back at her. 

The bedroom door opened, revealing a woman of short stature with long luxurious curls and bright blue eyes. Without prompting, Aly instantly knew that the woman was the girl's mother.

"They're waiting for you, Ilya."

The girl, Ilya, instantly looked down. She tucked the strands of hair that fell on her face to behind her ear. Ilya firmly stared at her feet. Aly briefly wondered if the girl was in trouble, heaven knows the number of times Aly herself had been fussed over the smallest of things back when she was younger.

"Ilya." Ilya's mom wove her hand through her hair, making the strands she had previously tucked fall back. Ilya huffed. "Are you nervous?"

"There's nothing wrong with me, momma." Ilya looked at her with wide eyes."I swear."

Ilya's mother nodded, though Aly was no stranger to a mother's lies when she saw it. The woman's face was tight, and the smile she wore didn't quite reach her eyes. Yet, this seemed to be enough for little Ilya. Burying herself to the woman's arms. Ilya's mom carried her up, bringing her into a room filled with menacing-looking strangers. Despite being aware that she was only dreaming, Alyssandra couldn't help but feel tense.

"It's going to be okay, baby." Ilya's mom reassured, "You don't have to worry."

One of the men scoffed loudly, "Don't lie!" he snarled. "You knew this was coming. We all told you that child was bad news the moment we found out what she was! Twice!"

Another man spoke up, glaring at the first harshly. "It doesn't have to be this way." He said, "We can still send her in."

Ilya's mother shook her head. "No." She said firmly, readjusting her hold on Ilya. "There will be hundreds of people who will go after her once they find out."

"I can hardly believe your luck." The first man spoke again, he looked between the mix of amused and disgusted. "Being a doppelgänger is one thing, but a siphoner as well?"