𝟕 | The Tomb

Bree's shift finally ended at 5pm

Damon immediately forced them into the car as soon as Bree had grabbed her things. Aly waved goodbye to the vampires she's met (a sentence she never thought she'll use) and even exchanged numbers with Lexi. By that, Aly meant Lexi graciously wrote her number on her arm.

"Here," Damon tossed her phone back to her, locking the car door behind him, "You've earned it."

"By not screaming?" Aly drily commented, immediately putting Lexi's number down. She had a bunch of text messages and missed calls coming from Elena, worried over where Damon took her. Aly frowned, unsure what to reply. Damon's a dangerous VAMPIRE!!! WRUU??! It looks like shit hit the fan back at Mystic Falls, at least Aly knew that Stefan didn't hurt her sister. Perhaps he liked her well enough.

Her stomach flopped upon seeing angry text messages from her bandmates, and Aly cursed both herself and Damon that she missed practice that day. Aly would just have to make up for it. If she survived the day, anyways.

Aly wondered just how much Elena knew. Sheila had warned her to not tell Elena that she might be a witch as well, but Aly thought that if Elena knew of the supernaturals, then she deserved to know.

Aly would just have to ask Sheila to teach them both. And maybe Bree, if she was up to it.

In all of her dreams, there was one constant. She was never another character, never another person, she always wore the same face. Her own. Through each mirror she had glimpsed through, despite only dreaming, she always saw herself.

Doppelgängers, that was what the man in her dreams said. Aly wrecked her brain, she knew that it meant clones or something. The shadow self. It seemed like a stretch that all the women in her dreams were versions of herself, so maybe that wasn't it. Her very first dream had been about Elena, after all.

They had to be prepared. Especially if there was something about being 'doppelgängers' just like her dreams had all been suggesting. Aly wondered if it was because they were twins. She could still hear Ilya's Mother's cries in the back of her mind, she did not want that to happen to Elena and her.

Aly quickly went through the pages of the grimoire she now owned. She tried not to get sidetracked over the countless spells, rituals, and information that she saw, but upon going half-way she realized there was nothing said about them.

She saw something about werewolves, druids, mermaids, and other sorts of mythical creatures. All the information was extensively thought out, some even going 4 pages long. But there was nothing about doppelgängers.