𝟒 | Amber

Alyssandra laughed, hiding behind the trunk of a tree

"I know you're here!" a voice called out, "Come on, Katherine!" Alyssandra leaned next to the tree's trunk, catching a glimpse of a man with brown hair- Stefan?

"I'm over here!" she answered in sing-song. Stefan turned to her direction, a big smile immediately forming in his face. She took a few steps back, smirking. Stefan followed her in a daze.

Inwardly, Aly felt confused. She leaned forward into him, placing a finger on his lips. This was wrong, what was she doing? Stefan was Elena's boyfriend.

"My favorite Salvatore," she whispered. "I'll let you take me if you catch me."

Aly turned, giggling as Stefan's arms wrapped around her torso.

"Well it looks like I've caught you." he laughed, "Well?" he asked, pinning her by the tree. Alyssandra's breath catches. Each passing second was feeling more and more of a betrayal. "Will you let me take you?"

Alyssandra smiled, running a hand through his hair. "Only if you're still there by the morning."

Aly had to miss three days of school.

Well technically, she had to miss two days of school. Mystic Falls High canceled classes for a day in honor of 's death (also because he died so close to the premises). The news had shocked everyone, Elena had even shown her pictures of a mural they had set up for him.

However, Aly couldn't help the feeling of distaste that settled upon her. Everyone had hated , at least the majority of her batchmates did. It felt so odd that now he was dead, everyone all had these stories of how much of a good teacher he was. He wasn't. But she had to agree that he was an excellent coach, and even better at annoying others to do more.

She sat in the middle of their living room. Books and papers were scattered around her as she studied. No way was she going to be left behind class just because of a concussion. She was doing the A.P Chem homework one of her classmates had given her when Jeremy entered. Aly frowned as he looked up to her in surprise. He was supposed to be in school.

"Are you seriously cutting class again?"

"What are you doing awake?"

Aly scowled at his concern. "I'm fine." she insisted. "I just didn't want to miss out on things."

"You're supposed to be resting." Jeremy gave her a look, walking towards their kitchen. "Well, do you want anything?"