𝟏𝟎 | Gone Girl

"Let's see, I have band practice this Friday, cheer and volleyball on Saturday

"Let's see, I have band practice this Friday, cheer and volleyball on Saturday. I was supposed to help out Caroline for the school council's charity this Sunday at church so I think I can help you- maybe..." Aly looked at her November calendar in her planner, all the dates were filled up. "Christmas break?"

"Oh come on, Alyssandra. I'm pretty sure Caroline can survive dealing with cancer kids on her own."

"I actually planned this month's charity." Aly sniffled, "I think I should be in it."

"Then cut school. I'll see you tomorrow at the Grill."

"No, Damon! I'm not cutting school just because you-" He hung up. "-asked."

Aly huffed, dropping her phone to her messy desk filled with school works and other useless paper. Aly had already gotten herself caught up with all of the homework and projects the teachers had given her after pulling out two all-nighters, just to stay on top of things. She was a busy girl after all. At least, that's what she told herself.

Grayson's letter laid untouched by the side of her desk, along with her file and the box it came with. Her eyes drifted towards it and she pursed her lips. Aly did not want to open that can of worms right now.

Aly sighed, pulling her hair up into a bun. She steadily opened her grimoire, she had all the details she needed in learning how to use magic. There was only one problem;

Aly stared at the scissors.

She thought of all the times she had used magic, remembering now that every time she had used it, she had an open wound. Her blood was a main catalyst. Aly had no idea why, but it just was. She bit her lip, thinking hard. Aly could easily go to the Bennett's to ask for help but Bonnie's message on Sheila not being too happy with her had her hesitating.

Aly herself didn't know if Sheila hadn't at all been lying to her. She had the strangest feeling that Sheila already knew the answers about her magic after asking her previously and for some reason, the older witch remained quiet and cagey about it.

"Fuck it." Aly grabbed at the pair, lightly grazing her arm. She hissed, placing her other hand on top of it. She watched in amazement as her palm gave off a soft red glow. Aly brushed through the pages of her grimoire, going to the section about witches. She read through to see which description she matched with; siphoner.

Staring at the candle, Aly focused, and she jumped in shock as it instantly lit up.

A knock on her door got her quickly blowing it off.