𝟏𝟒 | The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Having set up the Christmas ornaments, Aly plopped back to the couch with a sigh

Having set up the Christmas ornaments, Aly plopped back to the couch with a sigh. Truth be told, taking out the old Christmas tree wasn't a task she originally was willing to take; it was heavy! But Jeremy had already gone out with Anna, and Elena had locked herself up in her room upon seeing the old star for the tree, leaving Aly alone with handling the living room decorations.

Well, she wasn't completely alone. She could still hear Jenna trying to make Christmas cookies but judging by the smell of burnt bread, she wasn't doing so well.

Katherine casually laid down on the other side of the couch, reading a women's magazine that Aly has never heard or seen of before. The vampire caught her eye then raised an eyebrow. "Something wrong?"

"No." She answered simply. "Don't you have any Christmas plans besides terrorizing us?"

Katherine scoffed. "Please, I haven't done anything to any of you." She resumed her reading.

Alyssandra couldn't help it, it wasn't that she wanted to mistrust the vampire, she just did. Katherine, true to her word, hadn't actually done anything to them. She just regularly went to classes, minding her own business. Sure, she did go home to their house each night (unlike John, the man seemed content on plainly arriving at their house whenever he wanted to), she did eye-sexed Stefan every time she saw him (much to Elena's annoyance) but other than that? She did nothing.

Aly huffed, getting up from her lovely couch. "Well if you wanna be useful, go set up the lights."

Katherine didn't move an inch.

Aly huffed again, this time gliding her leg past Katherine's arm. It fell and ruined Katherine's cat-like pose on the couch. She sent her a glare.

"Woops." Aly glared at her right back, "Set up the lights."

Katherine let out an aggravated sigh, but she did stand up. There was barely a flash as she suddenly sped around, the only thing that gave-away her movement was the flow of the table cloth on the coffee table. Aly must have blinked because the room was suddenly filled with Christmas lights.

"There." Katherine glared at her again before falling back to the couch, seemingly content with reading the magazine.

Aly found herself staring, surprised that the vampire had done as she requested. She certainly didn't expect it.

Katherine looked up at her again, looking every bit as annoyed as she probably felt. "What now?" She demanded.

"Nothing," Aly answered quickly. The Christmas decor was practically done in their living room, it left a slightly bitter taste in her mouth. This would be their first Christmas without their parents, and to think that they've been replaced by a misguided uncle and an old ancestor-doppelgänger was depressing.