𝟖 | Trick or Treat

"I run into the river, and dive straight right in

"I run into the river, and dive straight right in. I pray that the water will drown out the din..."

Aly moved through the beat of the drums, letting it overwhelm her. The lights, which flickered in an array of colors, blinded her eyes. It didn't matter. She knew the words of the song, the melody of the call, the space of the stage. Her movement, seen by others, was hypnotizing. Her voice even more so.

"But as the water fills my mouth, it couldn't wash the echoes out..."

In her mind, there was no crowd. Only the thrum of her heart.

"I swallow the sound and it swallows me whole, 'Til there's nothing left inside my soul. I'm as empty as that beating drum but the sound has just begun..."

There was no Mystic Falls, the land of terrifying magic and men.

"As I move my feet towards your body, I can hear this beat. It fills my head up and gets louder and louder..."

The past few months couldn't reach her, it couldn't hurt her. It might as well be just a dream.

"There's a drumming noise inside my head that starts when you're around. I swear that you could hear it, it makes such an almighty sound..."

No vampires, witches, or death. Nothing

"Louder than sirens, louder than bells, sweeter than heaven, and hotter than hell..."

Here, she was untouchable.

The applause reached her ears the moment she opened her eyes. Aly grinned up wildly as her bandmates went up in a row and bowed. Feeling relieved for the first time in ages, Sarah and her arm's linked together in camaraderie as they walked up to the side of the bar, Jamie leading them. Jenny and Nick were already fighting, albit playfully. The dimmed lights seemed to contribute largely to this.

Mr.Raymond, the owner of the bar, approached them looking obviously pleased. Jamie shook hands with him first. "Absolutely wonderful." He tells them, "You've gathered quite a crowd."

"It's the song." said Jamie, "Florence and the Machine are one of the best bands out there right now."

The bar was modern, half of it was out in open space, the other half in a loft, making it easy for civilians to tune in whenever a performance was going on. The design was beautiful as well. Soft lights fell off the ceiling and blended with the stone walls.