Lunch Time Revelations

• Dedicated to Neha Senthil

Hope you're enjoying so far!

Disclaimer: I, most unfortunately, do not own the Divergent Series. That right goes to Veronica Roth. 

~Tris POV~

        Social studies, English and Math come and go, so that us students can escape to the haven that we call lunch. Currently I am standing behind Marlene and in front of Will in my quest to pick up food from the lunch line. Marlene's wavy red hair is flowing around her shoulders, and it bobs up and down as she speaks. "You have to get the cake" she says seriously, and I tilt my head in confusion. 

"What's wrong with what I have on my plate?" I ask, glancing down at the cheeseburger and tater-tots on my tray.

Marlene shakes her head. "There's nothing wrong, its just...get the cake. You'll see why when you eat it."

"Okaaay?" I say uncertainly as I balance a slice of cake precariously on my already full tray. 

        When I get back to the table, I find myself sitting in the middle of Four and Christina. 

"What's that?" I ask curiously to Shauna who is sipping a blood red drink. 

"Oh...um...its..." she sends a look towards Christina. 

"Its punch! You know, like fruit punch!" says Christina perkily. A little too perkily. 

"Hey, I didn't know that they had punch! I'm going to go get some." I say standing up. 

Quick as lightning, Shauna pulls me back down. "You can't get any!" she says looking worried.

"Um...why not?" 

"Erm...Because they've ran out of it. Uriah just checked. Didn't you Uriah?" says Marlene quickly. She throws him a look, and he responds immediately. 

"Yeah, she's right." before turning back to his conversation.

I stare at Christina, Marlene and Shauna suspiciously. "Guys, is there something that you're hiding from me?" 

Christina opens her mouth to say something, when I suddenly feel a hand on my waist...

                                                                       {Page Break}

I whirl around to see the kid from this morning with the sludgy green eyes and stringy, light brown hair. "Did it hurt?" he asks. 

"Did what hurt?" I respond, annoyed already. 

"When you fell from heaven, because baby, you look like an angel" 

I shake his hand off my waist and say, "No, but I scraped my knee when I crawled from hell!" 

The rest of the gang burst out laughing, and the boy goes bright red. 

"I'm Peter. I don't think we've had a proper introduction. This is Eric" he says indicating the kid next to him, whose entire face is covered with grotesque piercings. "I thought that maybe you would want to catch dinner with us tonight?" he asks reaching his hand towards my waist again. 

"No thanks, I'd rather not. Bye" I say shortly before turning back to the table. Behind me, I hear him growl in frustration before stomping of. I roll my eyes to find the gang staring at me. "What?"

Four speaks first. 

"Tris, whatever you do, say AWAY from that kid, okay? He hooks up with girls, and then ditches them the next day. Some of them even say that he beats them."