A Starry, Starry Night

"I'll go with you!" Jimin offered as he opened the van door for Jeongguk .  He didn't intend to, but he thought to rile up their youngest.

"No, it's okay! I have to go alone today!" Jeongguk replied hurriedly. "But thank you, hyung!"

Jimin's mouth dropped open, realizing that this might be the day Jeongguk was going to confess. Jeongguk grinned as he stepped up to the curb. 

"What. What. What." Hobi asked, completely bewildered by Jeongguk jumping over him to get out of the van. "What's going on?"

Jimin laughed and said, "JK is going to get coffee."

Innocently, Hobi started to get off his seat and said, "Oh good, I'm coming with you."

"No!!!" Jeongguk and Jimin shouted in unison, frightening Hobi. He fell back onto his seat. Everyone else in the van was startled.

"What the hell is going on?" Jin chimed in. They all bore down on him.

Jimin laughed sheepishly. "I'll explain later."

As the door shut, Jimin found everyone's eyes on him. 

"Hey... explain everything now," Namjoon demanded. "...and do it quickly."

--------------------------

Jeongguk sprinted towards the cafe. It was later than usual, and he hoped it wasn't too late. He told her he was passing by, but their taping went into overtime. As he neared the door he saw that the lights were still on, but the door signage said that the cafe was already closed. He walked up to the door peering in to see if Nira was still inside. His heart sank when he saw that the light behind the counter was already turned off. He quickly scanned the rest of the cafe.

That's when he saw her. She was on a ladder with her back to the door.  She was reaching up painting the outline of a gold star on the dark blue ceiling. 

Jeongguk pressed down on the door latch quietly and gently pushed it open, but the sound of the door startled Nira. She quickly turned and lost her balance. Jeongguk sprang forward. He was able to grab her hand, preventing her from falling back, but with the tug, she ended up falling towards him. Jeongguk quickly wrapped his arm around her hip and pulled her close. 

Just after saying, "I got you," his breathing stopped. Nira did not have her mask on. The world around them stopped. He had every intention of asking to see her face today. He even had the conversation planned out in his head, but the need dissipated. Nira's hair was down, framing her face and fell in a curtain around his. She had the softest pink lips. What he wanted most to do at that very moment was kiss her. Can he? Would she be upset?  Be cool, JK, he thought to himself. He stepped towards the ladder to let Nira settle herself back on the step. He didn't let go, and neither did she.

Nira's hands rested on his shoulders as she tried to regain her composure. She was looking down at him, starting to breathe heavily. It was Jake, she thought.

She had been thinking about him all day. He said he was passing by, but he had not come. Then there he suddenly was. The truth was, she'd been thinking about him a lot lately. She was just thinking about how sad it was that he wasn't able to make it but then he was suddenly right there. Jake, who makes her heart skip a beat, Jake who has filled her mind with replays of their conversations. She was starting to think she was going mad - she had not even seen his face.

Her soft lips were slightly parted. Her cheeks flushed. There he was and he was holding her up, saving her from falling.

"Everything about you is beautiful." It came out from Jeongguk's mouth even before he could stop himself. 

Nira's right hand lifted from his shoulder and pulled his mask down to his chin. Her heartbeat sped up at the handsome face before her. Jeongguk seized the moment. He reached up and gave her a kiss for a thousand heart beats.

He leaned back to see her face. She was slowly coming to. Nira watched as his gaze went to her lips as if to ask for permission for another. Jeongguk then moved his lips closer,  just a few inches from hers, then he waited for her to meet him halfway. 

As a response, she cupped his face and she lowered her head to receive his kiss.

All the golden stars above them could have come to life to shower upon them, but neither Nira nor Jeongguk would have noticed. 

Jeongguk's heart was exploding with a joy he had never felt before. His heart was pounding so hard it felt like it only turned on for the first time in his life. He picked her up and spun her slowly as they kissed.  He captured her lower lip and tugged at it playfully before she slowly pulled away. He was watching her lashes slowly raise as she met his enamored gaze. 

He released his tight hold around her and let her slide down. He relished the feel of her so close as she slowly slipped. He stole another kiss at her lips came close to his and set her down gently on her feet.

"Jake..."

"Nira, I like you." he confessed. It wasn't the confession he planned, but it was the one that was dying most to come out.

The chimes on the door suddenly clinked surprising both Jeongguk and Nira that they jumped a foot away from each other. Both of them turn to look at the door.

"We're not too late for coffee, are we?" Jimin asked with a guilty smile on his face.

Nira turned to look at Jeongguk who had a frustrated look on his face. He looked defeated to see Jimin and the five other men with silly grins under the door frame.