Feeling More

After talking it through and sharing even more revelations, they decided to take a break and eat.

"Aaah..." he cried out, wiping the tears forming in his eyes. She turned to look at him and laughed. She walked over and reached up to wipe the tears on his face with her thumb. "I'll finish the onions." she offered, taking the knife away from him. 

"I'm better at washing dishes." he smiled. She giggled and pointed to the nearby chair. Jeongguk washed his hands and sat on the chair as told. She had her back to him as she finished cooking for them both.

She hums when she cooks, Jeongguk noticed. He took out his phone and captured the scene. By the time she turned, she was ready to set the table. "Were you filming me the entire time?" she frowned, surprised to see the camera on her.

"I want to replay this moment when I am away." He said, putting the phone down. She set the bowls in front of them and handed him chopsticks. She gave him the bigger pieces of meat on the serving dish and placed them over his rice. He liked that. He poured her some water. She smiled demurely. They stole glances at each other as they ate. Watching each other, memorizing each other's faces and mannerisms. 

"I almost forgot," he said, reaching for his bag. "I brought other things...." He handed her the USB stick from Taehyung. "Taehyung made a mix tape." She jumped up from her chair to plug it into her new speaker. Music filled the apartment. 

Jeongguk leaned back watching as she swayed to the music. He stood and walked slowly to her, marveling at how graceful she sway and how the pleats of her dress moved languidly with her.

Hearing him stand from the chair, she turned towards him. "Your hyungs are very good to you, helping you with the rabbit, a mix tape..."

Jeongguk nodded shyly. "They are and they raised me," he admitted. 

"....and this one is from Jimin hyung." He handed the box and she opened it. Beneath the delicate tissue paper was a bracelet with two charms on it, a feather, and a pair of ballet slippers. 

She smiled at Jimin's gift. Her eyes glowed. It was not lost to Jeongguk that the gift had a deeper meaning Jimin was privy to. They have memories together and in a way it made him ache that he has yet to discover what will make her smile this way for something he gave. 

"When I met Jimin oppa, he found me rehearsing as the Dying Swan." she shared.

"Please thank your hyungs for me. They are very thoughtful." Nira said as she studied the detailed carving on the charms. Under her breath, Nira heard herself say, "This is pretty, but I haven't danced in a long time."

Jeongguk had been looking for the right opportunity to get closer.  He closed the distance and put an arm around her waist. With his other hand, he held her wrist and brought her hand gently to his chest. "Then dance with me."

At that moment, Falling Slowly started playing. A song from the movie they never finished together. 

"..I don't know you, but I want you all the more for that... Words fall through me and always fool me..." Junggeuk sang softly in Nira's ear "...and I can't react."

"You did watch it." she said. Jeongguk closed his eyes, intoxicated with the scent of faint vanilla on her hair. He smiled to himself when he felt her other hand raise to rest on his back. Her touch made him tingle.

"...Take this sinking boat and point it home, we've still got time. Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you'll make it now... Falling slowly, eyes that know me... And I can't go back..."

He turned his face down to look at hers. Her temple was resting on his collar bone. Sensing he was watching her, she lifted her eyes to him. Jeongguk lowered his lips to meet hers.

In a low whisper, with his lips still grazing her, he said, "Nira..." She opened her eyes and leaned back to see his face more visibly. "Don't call Jimin oppa."

She gave a small laugh.  "I have always called him oppa." she teased seeing that he was slightly sore about it.

"Aah..." he said with satisfaction. He pulled her close, burying his fingers in her hair, and kissed her again. "If you're going to call anyone oppa, let it just be me because you're mine."

"Do you want me to call you oppa?" her nose crinkled. He smiled.

"No... hmm. Call me baby."

"Baby." She smiled back at him. 

"I'll call you honey."

"Why honey?"

"It's the color of your eyes in the sunlight." he said adoringly.

As they pulled apart, Jeongguk groaned. Still holding his hand, Nira pulled at him gently and led him to the sofa.

"So, baby." she said, "Tell me about the A.R.M.Y." 

"Well," he smiled as he pulled her close and let her head rest on his shoulder. He crooked his arm at the elbow and reached down to stroke her hair. "...How do I begin?"

----------------

They watched videos of BTS together on her phone. Her eyes grew wide when she saw the ocean of light sticks in the stadiums chanting the Bangtan boys' names. She looked up at him whenever the camera focused on him dancing provocatively. Several times she looked to see if his face, checking to see if he really was there sitting with her with his chin on her shoulder. 

"I really love your voice," she said. He smiled. He would normally get shy and blush when somebody said that to him, but it made him happy that she approved. 

When the video stopped. She turned the phone off and clutched it to her chest. She was quiet for a moment.

"What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking..." she said slowly, "that I have been living under a rock." then she started giggling and so did Jeongguk. She faced him then. Jeongguk took her hands in his. "Jeongguk... how are we going to make this work?"

Earnestly, he looked her in the eyes and he said, "One day at a time..."

Jeongguk promised himself that this time he was going to be there for her. He was going to protect her, and he will fight until the last moment for her.