Closed Door Affair

"I'm sorry, we are closed." Nira replied. Jeongguk's face lit with a big smile as he watched all of his hyungs' faces fall. The triumph was short-lived, however, because Nira said, "But, of course, you are welcome to come in." It was his face's turn to fall then as his hyungs piled in with even bigger smiles on their faces.

Jimin introduced each one of the BTS members to Nira. It was wise for him to avoid Jeongguk's eyes. He would have otherwise melted under his death stare. Nira invited them to get comfortable inside and led them in, apologizing and saying she can turn the coffee machine back on but it will take a moment. The boys apologized and offered to help, but she refused and disappeared behind the counter to don a fresh apron. 

When Nira disappeared further inside with the members, Jeongguk grabbed Jimin by the arm. "Hyung..." he said. Jimin looked up at him guiltily. 

"I'm sorry! I had no choice! They asked for the van to go around the block. But it's going to be okay, Kookie. They're also just looking out." he whispered to Jeongguk.

"Hey Jake, Jimin come here!" Namjoon called out to them. Jimin slipped away.

"Yes, Jake. Come here and sit with your co-workers in Big Hit with whom you are very very close." Jin yelled. He flashed a cross-eyed face at Jeongguk's embarrassed reaction. Then he winked and smiled at Jeongguk. Yoongi and Namjoon gave him a jab on each arm. "Ow!" he mouthed at them.

When Jeongguk approached, Namjoon stood up. He had a serious look on his face and Jeongguk suddenly felt very small. He bowed his head as Namjoon walked towards him. "There's lots to talk about, JK." He whispered to Jungkook, "but we will make it work."

Jeongguk looked up to read Namjoon's face. He thought he was going to get reprimanded as usual. Instead, Namjoon's face was not stern. He gave him a small dimpled smile and a pat on the shoulder. He bowed to Namjoon gratefully. 

He excused himself and went to see if Nira needed any help.

"Aaaah, our JK." Hobi sighed. All six boys watched Jungkook's head over the coffee machine assisting Nira. They were all beaming. Jin was sneakily taking photos of Jeongguk and Nira. In the corner, Yoongi was nodding approvingly.

Nira's face peeked out from the counter. "I'm afraid, I don't have anything very good to offer that is very easy to make, but I can fry up some hotteok." she apologized.

"Hotteok!" the boys said excitedly. "We love hotteok... if it's not too much trouble..." Namjoon nodded. Nira obliged. If this was a game, hotteok was a legendary item for the boys.

Jeongguk pulled the window shades down and helped Nira bring a plate piled high with the steaming filled pancakes to the band. 

Yoongi sighed after his first bite. The boys looked at their hotteoks lovingly which Nira found so amusing. They were nibbling, savoring it in tiny bites.

Nira learned that together with Jimin, they make up the band BTS. They learned that she had heard some of their songs on the radio, but she confessed that she didn't know much about their music. The boys had so many questions and they were all very gracious to her.

Holding his hotteok with two hands Taehyung sat quietly beside her. He took greater interest when they started talking about musical taste.  "What music do you listen to?"

"Hmm..." Nira thought about it. "I like music I can feel" she smiled. When she turned to look around the room, she realized they were all smiling back, studying her closely with interest. Her ears got a little warm.

Nira also realized that she was surrounded by very good-looking men, all charming in their own way.

"Goodness..." she said, "You are all very handsome," she admitted. They all shifted, slightly embarrassed, except for one.

"Aah well..." Yoongi said clearing his throat while adjusting his baseball cap. Nira didn't see Jeongguk pouting, being seated beside him. This made everyone laugh. She curiously turned to see what was amusing, but Jeongguk's had wiped it off his face. He smiled instead. She turned back towards them and said, "It must be very difficult for your girlfriends."

"Oh, we don't have girlfriends," Jimin admitted. They all looked at each other and in unison tried to defensively say that it wouldn't be so difficult. 

".....I see how it can work out." Yoongi was saying thoughtfully.

"...and it's not like our work won't let us." Namjoon was making a case.

"I think we'd be good boyfriends." Hobi nodded enthusiastically, his gaze was distant as he gave it considerable thought.

"I'm going to make her feel that there is no one else." Taehyung declared. A little too much, quiet Jeongguk thought, that was a little wow.

In the end, it was Jin's declaration that hung in the air. "...It doesn't matter... It's not like I like anyone right now." They all looked at him.

"Yaaa!" Jin cried out, "How come everyone stopped talking all at once?!"

Looking at his watch, it was Hobi who told them that it was time to go. Mechanically, everyone stood up and picked up their plates and glasses. Nira asked them to leave it on the table, but they insisted on washing them and helping to clean up. Without looking, Jin gently shoved Jeongguk towards Nira as if to say, We got this. Do your thing. 

It took him a moment, but Jeongguk eventually took Nira's hand and pulled her to a hidden corner of the cafe. "Nira..." he started. He brought her hand up to his lips and kissed her fingertips. "There's so much to say, but I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks. I will be working with them. Can we talk more when we get back?"

She smiled. "I'll see you when you get back."

Knowing they had an audience, he leaned closer and more quietly said, "I want you to know that I will be thinking about you while I'm away."

Just then he heard snorts and cringes from the front of the cafe. He got red behind the ears and Nira giggled.

"Aah! So cheesy! Jake-ah! We have a lot to talk about!" Yoongi's exasperated voice called. They didn't say anything to each other. They just marveled at seeing each other's faces for the first time.

When they were all ready to go, the boys saw themselves out. Nira walked Jeongguk out and locked the door behind them.

Before turning the light switch off, Nira leaned back on the door frame and put her finger up to her lips. They kissed, she thought, and in possibly the most romantic way.

Book 1: The Magic Shop | A Jeon Jeongguk  BTS Fan Fiction (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara