Give Me Your Heart

Jimin and Nira were the last to leave the practice studio, as usual. Jimin, like Jeongguk, had limited free time, so when he was available, they met at the studio to practice. There's a song she wanted to dance to, but she thought it was better for a pair. "I'll dance with you," he offered and they'd been meeting up to practice since.

Nira was very close to regretting her decision.

"Jimin-ah, I'm exhausted." Nira said catching her breath. She crawled on the floor to the water bottles near the studio mirror.

"I thought that was a good take, don't you agree?" Jimin replied with a small laugh. Nira groaned. He didn't even look like he broke a sweat.

"This is going to be my swan song, Jimin-ah." she had said to him. He looked at her incredulously.

"How can you say that? It's too soon to say that. Let's get through this and then you can tell me then if you really want this to be your last."

She looked at his face. His serious expression changed into the cutest smile that she laughed waving him off.

"You want to stop?" he teased.

"No," she said after a few more sips of water. "Let's keep going."

That's one of the things Jimin admired about Nira. She was a perfectionist like him, and she drilled until she got her choreography just the way she intended, willing her body to move, to bend, to curve with the soul of the music. Nira refused to be defined by own her body's physical limitations or abilities. This was what made her an amazing dancer. 

"What's missing though? Don't you feel something is missing too?" Nira was thoughtful as she tapped her fingers on the floor.

"You have to give me your heart," Jimin replied. He sounded like he was a little pained when he said it that it made Nira look up. Jimin cleared his throat.  Seeing nothing unusual, Nira looked down to give Jimin's advice some thought. She closed her eyes, centered herself, and internalized.

A moment later, Jimin checked if she was fine. "You ready?" he finally called.

"Yeah yeah yeah..." Nira laughed as she got up from the floor. "Who knew you'd turned into such a nag." 

Jimin had already assumed the start position, and when she looked up at him again, he was transformed.

"Let's go," he nodded with his show face. The strum of guitar strings filled the room again, and they began. Jimin was such a gifted dancer, Nira thought. The way he looks at her when he danced, made her almost believe that he was singing the song to her. The song was intimate, a song for lovers and Jimin was playing the part.

Jimin asked for another quick break after the song ended. He was clutching his chest. "Are you okay?" Nira asked. Jimin gave a small laugh. He said he just needed a break and walked out to search for the bathroom.

In the bathroom, Jimin washed his face with cold water and looked at himself in the mirror. He knew he was playing with fire. In that last runthrough, Nira transformed. She gave it all, and she became the role. She returned his gaze with equal passion and the emotion of the song emanated from her. He knew it was just what the choreography needed, but he also couldn't help wanting to live in the moment pretending he was genuinely the object of her affection.

Jimin reinforced his boundaries. He took deep breaths and calmed himself down. He was going to keep it cool, keep it casual. They could have dinner together, maybe. Or Coffee. With Sejin hyung

He stared at his reflection. "Don't do it." he told himself.

Jimin headed back to the studio and heard Nira laugh. Nira was on the phone and pacing the room. "You can?" she was saying. "I'll see you at home." Just as she turned, she noticed Jimin at the door.  "Jeongguk's photoshoot just finished. Do you want to join us for dinner?" she asked.

"Uhh... Actually, I need to head back." he smiled. They talked a bit longer and he eventually worked out saying goodbye. They parted at the lobby and went their separate ways. 

Nira zipped up the jacked up to her chin, thinking it was getting a bit chilly. She decided to walk home instead.

Just as she was ready to head out, someone stepped up in front of her.  Nira found herself face to face with a furious looking girl. "Slut." the girl spat at her. "You don't deserve him." Then the girl ran off.

Nira was shaken. Hands shaking, she pulled her phone out to call a cab, but the phone suddenly rang. It was Jeongguk. He was about to tell her he was just going to change from his suit before heading to the cafe.

She knew exactly what that was all about. Jeongguk warned her that some fans are very jealous and news of them being in relationships can largely impact his career. She started sobbing. 

"What's wrong? What's the matter?" Jeongguk was alarmed. Instead of changing, he darted out of  his room. On his way out, the hyungs who were hanging out in the living room were startled seeing Jeongguk in a mad rush. 

"JK, what's going on?" Hobi asked.

"A sasaeng. Nira was stopped by a sasaeng!" he yelled. The boys all stood up. When Jeongguk reached the door, he found Jimin behind it, just about to come in. He ran past and disappeared into the elevator Jimin just emerged from. 

Inside, Jimin found everyone in a panic. RM was on the phone with Sejin. Yoongi was talking to security. Hobi was trying to call Jeongguk. Jin, came from his room and ran past Jimin to follow Jeongguk. 

Jimin turned to Taehyung who was watching everyone. "What's happening?"

"Nira encountered a sasaeng." Taehyung said. 

Jimin's eyes widened and he ran out after Jeongguk. He found Jin in the elevator landing and they headed down when the elevator opened. 

Both Jimin and Jin were looking at his phone and looking at the group chat. Bang PD was already informed and the Comms team was called. Just then, Sejin shared an image in the chat that the Comms team sent through. It was an image of Nira with Jimin. Provocatively, it looked like Jimin is about to kiss Nira. They appeared to be looking at each other longingly, a moment from their dance practice.

Jin turned from the screen and yelled furiously at Jimin. "Yaaaa!"

Jimin's heartbeat is racing fast. Anger was building up inside him and he was ready to yell at Jeongguk for being so careless about Nira. Yet it turned out that it is actually him who put her in danger. He didn't reply to Jin, but in the chat, he explained that it was a moment in their choreography for the Busan Arts Fundraiser event. 

On the screen, Hobi typed: "JK, where are you now?"

There was no response.

Hobi: "JK, call me as soon as you see this."

"Jiminah!" Jin called sharply. His face was stern. "Tell me the truth now. Do you like her??"

Jimin was looking down woefully. His heart was pounding. His eyes watered from the thought of what Jeongguk must be going through seeing the photo. He messed up.

He turned to Jin and woefully said, "Jeongguk can't know."

As he said this, the elevator opened fully. They looked up and found Jeongguk breathing heavily. His head slowly lifted and he looked at Jimin. His eyes were dark and livid.

"Jeongguk can't know... WHAT?" he said slowly.