A Green Monster

Jeongguk was about to pounce on Jimin when the security stopped him and Jin pushed him out.

"Oh shit!"Jin cursed. He turned back to Jimin and said, "Go up! Go up! We'll talk later! Go!"

Jeongguk was absolutely furious. "No... Come out here RIGHT NOW!" he yelled. Security escorted Jimin back up. To begin with, he was already frantic waiting for the company car to come up from the garage. The staff insisted that he shouldn't go off on his own. He was about to call and check on Nira when their group chat notification came in. He clicked and saw the image and he stopped thinking. Suddenly, the elevator opened. He turned to look who was coming out and saw Jimin.

"JK! JK! Look at me!" Jin said trying to grab his attention. Jeongguk looked scary. "It's not what you think. They were dancing. It's from a choreo. Read the messages. Read the chatroom message now. It's fake. It's fake." He pointed to the screen and Jeongguk stopped fighting the security. "Calm down. Go to Nira."

Jin made sure Jeongguk got in the car before heading back up. He's too old for this, he thought. Jimin and Jeongguk always bickered, but this was a whole other level. "Jimin that punk." he grumbled as he pressed the elevator button impatiently.

Although he was worried about Nira, Jeongguk had one thought. What shouldn't he know? He pulled his phone out and looked at the image. He knows Jimin enough to know his true feelings. The picture was evidence.

Nira's expression. He knows it well now. She has given him that look, and Jeongguk is feeling bruised that it wasn't exclusive to him.

"Hey..." he said when Nira picked up. The car just pulled in front of the cafe, "I'm on my way up."

He bounded up the stairs when Nira buzzed the door open. She looked so fragile that he instantly softened "Oh honey, come here." he said taking her into his arms. He started kissing her all over the face. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." he whispered.

"Why are you apologizing?" she asked.

"It was a sasaeng. We have a couple of obsessed fans who follow us."

Nira's eyes widened. "Oh God,  I'm sorry! I don't know how they found out about me. What's going to happen to you?"

"No, no... We didn't do anything wrong. It's not about us." he said showing her the image on his phone. "It's... about you and Jimin."

Nira looked at it, embarrassed by the compromising shot, she looked up at his face to see his expression. "Are you mad?"

He thought for a moment. He was, but not directly at her. "Should I be?" he asked, his jaw clenching.

"No. It's a part of our choreo, but I don't even think we ever got this close," she said. Seeing that he was resentful, she said "It's just a dance, babe. You can see the video."

He nodded in acceptance.

"Is Jiminah okay?" she asked.

"Jimin... Jimin is going to have a lot to deal with right now." he carefully worded his answer. A vein was popping on his temple just thinking about Jimin at that moment. He really wished she didn't bring him up. Nira may be innocent, but Jimin had a lot of answering to do.

"You look mad," she said carefully watching his brows knot.

"I'm not mad, honey. I'm jealous." Jeongguk replied. "Show me the video."

"Here look.." she said, handing her phone. She eyed him closely as he watched the rehearsal video of the lift they were practicing. It didn't look like it helped because his face still looked dark.

"You shouldn't be jealous," she said gently. "When I chose that song, I was thinking about us."

This made the fog around him clear a bit. "Yeah?" a smile lightly touched his lips.

"Well, what do you think?" she asked, crossing her arms. 

"Of what?"

"The song, the choreo."

He grinned naughtily. "I'm thinking..."he said slowly walking towards her, "...of other things I want you to think about when you hear this song and you're thinking about us."

"That's dirty, Jeongguk." she laughed, backing away.

He feigned innocence, "What are you thinking?" he said accusingly. He was glad that he can joke this way with her. He felt a little better. Jeongguk realized he can't be mad at her for anything. He grabbed her then and pulled her close. Jeongguk held her tight. They just stood there for a moment in silence. When she turned to face him, he touched his forehead to hers. "Are you seriously ok, honey?"

"Yes... I'm fine...but I'm worried. What's going to happen?"

"The company will take care of it. Sejin hyung said we'll post security around here until it boils over. Is that okay with you?" She didn't want the trouble, but she had to trust what Jeongguk thought was best.

"Tell me you feel nothing for him, Nira." Jeongguk had an ache in his voice. She realized he was hurting deeply. He probably felt betrayed by her and Jimin, of all people. 

"I think..." she started, "I'm just going to have to show you."