our encounter

Hi, my name is Amira and I want to tell you my story.
It all began, when my parents chose to move to another city when I was 15 and my brother was 17 ,because of their jobs and our future. I didn't like the idea behind that. We moved to a city in England, Bradford, it was a nice area with many people my age, but I missed my friends in London, especially Mary. She was my best friend.
I was really afraid of the thought going to another school. I mean I am really shy and I don't think I will fit in there, but let's just hope the best, right?

September 2008
So it all started, when I walked into the classroom. All eyes were on me, but this one boy caught my eye. straight away. He had beautiful big brown eyes and a shy demeanor. He sat alone in the back, while everybody had a seat partner.
Mr Jones pulled me infront of him and said :"Hello class, this is Amira." I waved."She is our new student this year. Everyone said hello, except the mysterious boy. Mr Jones searched for a free seat, but the only free space was the seat next to the boy. My teacher looked at me and said:"Amira, go sit next to Zayn." So, Zayn was his name, I like that. I walked towards him, while everybody was looking at me. When I finally sat down next to him, I introduced myself:
" Hi Zayn. I'm Amira. It's nice to meet you."
But he just sat there, saying nothing. I only saw a little smile on his face. At first I didn't thought about it, but after he didn't talked to me for the rest of the day, I started worrying.
When I got home from my first day at school I told my parents and my big brother everything about it. My dad just said, that I should gave him time, because he seems to be a shy guy. I nodded.
The next days I always used to say „Hello" to Zayn, even though he never said it back.

One Week later, when I entered the classroom and went to my seat, Zayn said softly:" Hi Amira. I'm sorry for not talking to you, but I am just really shy and I...I didn't mean to look angry or something like that." I was shocked, because I thought he can't talk so i just said to him:" Hey, it's okay, I understand, I am also kinda shy at first." He smiled:"Oh really? Okay. Ehm I was... I was just thinking. Do you maybe want to go to spend some alone time during the break?" I was very happy and I accepted it, of course.
When the bell rang, Zayn and I went to the playground and we sat on the swings which were swinging in the wind. We looked at each other and laughed. I was a very big music fan this time, so I asked him what his favorite music is. „Boyz II Men, I really love Boyz II Men." I screamed:"OMG...Really? They are my favorite band,too!" He smiled.
We were talking about Boyz II Men the whole break, but then the bell interrupted us and we get back to our classroom.
Our conversations were getting better every day and we saw each other every day after school. Turns out we have really much in common. We used to paint, learn and listen to music every day after school.
A few of the popular girls speculated about us, but we didn't listen.
Time flies and now it's Christmas holidays. Zayn and I spend every day together. He is very fun and I am glad we get along so well.

12th January 2009
Today it's Zayn's Birthday! I am so excited for his birthday gift, I hope he'll like it, because I worked  so hard on it. I stood in front of his house and as he opens the door i gave him a big hug and said:"Happy Birthday, Best Friend." He smiled and i gave him his present. We walked in his kitchen, when he opens it and his eyes were getting bigger:" Amira, oh my god, thank you so much! This is amazing, I...I love it!" I gave him a self designed T-Shirt of Boyz II Men. I actually was very proud of it, not gonna lie.
Later we sang him „Happy Birthday" and he was so embarrassed of that, so I started laughing.
We sat on the couch and he told me:" Thank you so much for being here. This is my best birthday with my best friend." I started crying in front of his family. Embarrassing.

14th February 2009
Today's Valentine's day! Zayn and I decided to go camping in my garden and we were so excited, because it was our first time. Zayn brought some Coke and I made some food, like little burgers. As soon as we stepped in the tent we started laughing and talked nearly the whole night , but then we fell asleep.
When I woke up in the morning I saw that I was laying in his arms. I didn't know how I get there, so I stayed. I felt so protected and safe, I don't know how to describe this feeling. I looked up at him and then he woke up a few minutes later. I said:"Good Morning. Want some Breakfa..?". But I couldn't say the full sentence, because Zayn leans in for a kiss. At this moment I questioned our whole friendship. I mean I like him , but do I like him that much? He's hot, but do I love him? I didn't know what to do. I mean we were best friends, or are we more than this?