The Local Pervboy

A simple cosplayer named Neon and her childhood best friend and local casanova, Leon live out their lives in Royale High until it's time for the local pervboy Leon to change his tune.

It was a drowsy and rainy Saturday at Royal Highschool for the students as Neon, a bright anime lover was busy getting into an Eri cosplay, from My Hero Academia. Wig on, makeup applied and a smile arising on Neon's face as she left her room and wandered the school to costest her cosplay. 

''Heeeyy Neon~'' Leon, Neon's childhood friend with a conveniently similar name, was waiting outside Neon's dorm, likely attempting pervboy time. ''Ayo Leo, What have you been up to?'' Leon simply smiled and replied ''Nothing much, Neo, what's happening with you and those adorable overalls?'' Neon couldn't help but smile at his weird way of complimenting as she explained her costest for Eri. As a slight fellow anime fan, Leon decided to tag along in Neon's wander.

That is until they run into their local mean girls, Becky and Larray. ''Oh my god, those overalls are so childish- LOL'' Larray said as she noticed Neon and Leon. ''Oh wow, Local Casanova is with her too, ugh She's such a catfish.'' Becky looked over at the two as she said with a heavy scoff. Neon came to notice the two staring and talking about them as she wavered for Leon to go the other direction. Just as they were about to turn the corner,  Becky said something that made Neons blood boil hotter than how hot Becky thinks she is.  ''Awh, what's wrong girlie? Embarrassed that you're wearing that in front of your crush?~''.

 Though it's true, Neon didn't just like Leon as a friend, She still was confused about her feelings towards her Casanova childhood friend. ''Leave her alone, barbie.'' Lulu, Leo, and Neo's friend exclaimed as she was seen coming up the stairs.  ''Oh, what's this? The President of the student council is calling me a barbie? I'm so tweeting this before the dance tonight.'' Larray says to the approaching Lulu. ''Hayy, It's the lovely Lulu~'' Leon said, putting his arm over her in his pervy yet lovable manner. ''Fudge off, Pervboy...'' Lulu sighed as she yeeted his arm back to him and stood next to the still-cosplaying Neon. ''Oh cmon, He's so your type~ Lowly, Arrogant... Stupid.'' Becky said as Neon and Lulu squinted at Leon, who was smirking. ''Listen wannabe Regina, Neo is an amazing cosplayer and You know that Leon is a pervert who you hate most out of all of us.'' Lulu, spitting facts, exclaimed. ''Gurl you fiesty-'' Leon said jokingly towards Lulu. ''Lu, It's okay! You don't gotta defend me,'' Neon looked from Lulu to Becky and Larray. ''Because I'm getting out of these barbies way.'' She said all badass as she left the room and went to the bathroom to get out of cosplay and go back to her dorm. Lulu ran after Neon to see if she was okay, which she wasn't. 

Meanwhile, Leon was astounded that Neo would leave an argument like that. ''And what are you still doing here you twit?'' Becky and Larray looked at Leon as he faced them and started arguing with them instead of trying to flirt. They hurt his best childhood friend and he'll make them know not to mess with his friends ever again. All people see him as is ''The Local Pervboy'' simply because he just wants love. And truth be told, he started liking Neon for real but knew she was annoyed at him. But if there was anything good about Becky and Larray, it's that they let it slip that Neo liked Leo back. 

{ At the Dance, later that night }

Neon and Lulu were just chilling in their dorm as Leo was ''setting something up'' as a surprise for Neon. Lulu's phone dinged. 'Tell Neo to meet me at the heart-shaped hedge, plz' Leo's text said. ''Hey, Neo! Leo said he wants you to meet him at the heart-shaped hedge! I wonder why...'' Lulu wondered. ''Oh- Okay! Tell him I'll be there in 5,'' Neon said as she grabbed her jacket and ran out the dorm door.

{ At the heart hedge }

Neon was as tired as she was confused when it was 11:29 pm and Leon wanted to see her outside by a hedge that is so big, You can't even see it when you're close up. ''Neo! Thanks for coming...'' Leo said as he was a lot weirder- Well, normal than he usually is.

''Neo... I know you think I'm super pervy and annoying and just some hopeless boy...'' Neon cut him off. ''Leo, You're annoying. But I don't think your just some hopeless pervboy! I grew up with you, Your more than what everyone sees you as. Your a friendly, motivational, funny guy who just wants everyone to smile and get along.'' Leo looked at her with theoretical stars in his eyes. ''Neo... Your Eri cosplay was amazing today, yknow.'', ''Oh, Thanks- Wait-'' Neo cut herself off as she realized he knew the name of the character. ''-You know MHA...?'' She said excitedly. ''Yeah... Heh, I've been secretly watching your favorite anime's a lot recently...'' He started with a regular tone and slowly went to a higher pitch as he said this. ''Bu- I- Why?'' Neo smiled and said, confused. ''Because... I love you.'' he finally said with confidence. Neon was left speechless as her blood rushed to her cheeks. Leo scratched the back of his neck awaiting Neo's response. ''I- I love you too...'' she said as Leon leaned in, held her cheek, and did what he had been dreaming of doing ever since he realized he likes her. 

The two jumped and separated as they suddenly heard a squeal from behind the hedge. ''LULU!'' Leo and Neo said at the same time. Lulu was standing there, with a huge smile on her face. ''Is it too late for the message of the story?'' Lulu asked, looking at Neo then at you. ''I- What?'' Leo said, ''Stop breaking the fourth wall, Lulu!'' Neo exclaimed, dragging her best friends to head to the cafeteria because it's warmer. ''Well, all happy endings have a message, right?'' Lulu explained. ''I mean, yeah.'' Leo said then asked, ''So what is this message?''. Neo took a minute to think and then said ''I think this story message is don't judge someone by their cosplay.'' Lulu looked at her with one eyebrow raised. ''What? Isn't it 'don't judge a book by its cover?'', ''Not in this story,'' Leo said, looking over to Neo with a sweet smile.

Maybe not all characters are bad because they're in the background... How about we meet some more unique characters? Nextime...