Just Smile

What's good about being happy if you're forced to smile? But what's bad about living innocently as someone different? Monster, Human... in the end, we all kill to defend ourselves. So let's zoom in to a couple who were forced to fight to defend themselves, Romeo & Juliet style.

'In this world, there are humans and smiles. Humans are vile creatures... Smiles, on the other hand, are overall innocent. We Smiles just wish to live in our little world as people and not as monsters. We have the ability to infect humans and turn them into Smiles... people say the process is painful, but they're overreacting. For years, we've been at war with humans. Why? Because we walk around and try to live normally. But we cant when humans are constantly attacking and murdering our friends, family and our people. Of course, we must defend our kind! So we infect any human dumb enough to fall into our hands. Heh... It's been fun until now. Smiles have found a way to hide their face and turn it human. And they want me to spy on the humans' military wall. It's fine... I can't wait. This way, the smiles can reclaim their wall and live peacefully, with or without humans. That's just how things are.'

''Stop monologuing! It's almost time for your shift, y'know!'' Lily, my best friend and co-worker exclaims my way, as I reply, ''I can't help it! First day on the job! I get to see humans up close and not be beat up by them!'' Even I can hear the excitement in my tone. Alas, Lily was on the mark when she then told me to hurry up to my new job. ''See ya later, Lily!'' I say as she says back. 'We're gonna see each other again, so I'm sure she'll be okay.'.

I finally arrived. As instructed, I put on my human disguise and I snook into the human's territory. God, the humans loved to use stone for everything... walls, floors, paths and even the ceiling! Either way, my real job was just beginning.

''You. Are you one of the new recruits?'' A random human guard surprised me as I blurted out what I was taught to say if this happened, ''Yes, I'm on wall defense.'' To be honest, I don't remember what exactly I was supposed to say or if that even sounded like an answer but either way, he pointed me in the direction of where I had to go. My job was at the wall, the big division between human and smile territory. You probably think that we could've gone past the gate of the wall, right? Well actually no. Humans have this alchemic substance. I don't know what it's called nor do I care but what I do know is that if a smile touches it, they'd be dead in an instant. In other words, humans can get past this substance all they want but smiles could be trapped alive or escaped dead. Oh right, I was supposed to tell you what my job was... Well, I basically sabotage the humans but they can't do anything since I'm supposed to be a human myself. That's another weird thing in this world... humans cant kill each other.

I had been doing this job for a couple of months now. I release the orange substance gate when a smile gets near in hopes Smiles can infiltrate the wall again... I block humans attacks when a smile does manage to find its way in the wall... but I like to think that my main job is to annoy a certain someone. Ever since I started, this human girl named June hated me for ruining every anti-smile trick she had. She was so annoyed that I started to jokingly flirt with her just to annoy her more! And oh, did it work. 

Blah, Blah, Blah, A few months have gone by and now look where I'm at. She has her suspicions of me but she isn't exposing me anytime soon. A weird thing that I noticed though... She's been a lot redder in the cheeks lately. Like this one time; 

''Hey, sugartits! How's my favourite month of the year doin'?'' I say. confidently and holding in a laugh. She swiftly replies, ''Ah- What the hell is with that nickname?!'' She probably didn't hear the rest of what I said, but the conversation went a little something like this, ''Don't you like that nickname? I can call you mine, instead, if you'd like.'' I say, joking once more. ''You're ridiculous. Go and close the gate so those pesks don't come in.'' June ordered me to do my job. There weren't any smiles trying to get in much today, So I did it. ''You're actually doing your job for once?'' June asked me with a sassy tone. I mean it's not like she said it for no reason, my real job is sabotage not to be ordered around. Hence, I blurted out without thinking, ''Duh, What else am I gonna let in? Oxygen?''. To my surprise, she burst out laughing. She actually liked my joke for once! ...Even if this joke included me spilling some info of my identity. ''You really are ridiculous. That's what I love about you.'' She said that second sentence as she went off to do her own duty. I looked at her back as she went off in the distance with squinted, confused eyes. 

During this time, I and Lily were able to send each other letters! Lucky me, right? Heh, well I decided to mention this moment in my next letter to her. To my utmost surprise, she mentioned in her reply letter something that let my cheeks go red for once, ''Because she likes you, duh! For a flirtatious smile, you sure are dense sometimes.''. This was the moment I found out that June liked me... At first, I was like ''June, You're so cute!'' as a joke! But I don't think is a joke anymore. All good times must come to an end, though. We woke up one morning to a very unexpected end!

''Attention all Wall Defense humans. A hoard of smiles will be attacking the wall equipped with jump potions to jump the wall. Let the war commence.''

That got me. I just found out that June, the girl I worked with, in my sabotage job, liked me. We send letters every day but I still want to see Lily and hang out at McDonald's at least once more! There will be orange substance weapons that I'll be expected to pass through. I took this job knowing the consequences but this? This was sprung on us without warning! Not even the smiles' defences could prepare for this...

I dodged as many orange things as I could, and most of them were regular objects like a literal orange or an orange coloured spatula. 

Just then, I see Lily about to try and grab June to infect her. I don't know what to do... I consider both of them my best friends. 

In a sprint of adrenaline, I run over and push Lily. Her falling to the ground and June going unharmed is a better outcome than my best friend infecting my crush, right?!

Before I knew it, a human got one of those orange substance tinted katanas and stabbed me, just in the stomach... I remember June and Lily's faces when they saw my face and the katana...

Luckily for me, my human costume was the thing sacrificed to that sword, not me! But... June and Lily didn't know that, so June killed Lily in a fit of rage and she continued to kill herself in a fit of grief. 

Two people that I had cared for most had died. In the same moment, the same day, the same reason, the same god damned war. June was the only human to be trusted.

From this day forth, I vowed to take down every human that gets in my way of full smile revenge. I was now alone in this small world... and I realised what the elder smiles meant when they kept saying ''Humans are vile creatures.'' 
One day, we'll take over this wall for good and finally live in peace.

Therefore, my new monologue.

'Humans are vile creatures. 

 They kill those against them, even if they have no intention of harming the humans back.They don't realise the destruction and heartbreak they cause until it's all over and they've... 'won'. 

 This is why smiles fight back. Found a way to infect, and make a happy world filled with smiles. 

But no. Humans are stupid as well as vile and disgusting. They're stupid because they keep fighting in order to assert their dominance. Alas... smiles will prevail, one day. 

It's scientifically and logistically correct. Those who fight back the innocent are only a defect of their own handy-work. 

Humans are the true monsters on earth. Which is why Area51 exists. Where there isn't earth, there aren't humans as the enemy. At least, that's what they think.It's notable that humans will do anything to make themselves look good. 

As I've said. Humans don't like hearing anything bad being said about them. Which is why I exist. To say stuff they don't want to hear.Or maybe, to say stuff that they don't want others to hear. 

The world is filled with living things, yet humans are the worst there is. The most destructive species. Yet the most inventive. Lest not forget evil, spiteful, judgemental and two-faced creature to roam the lands freely. 

Humans are vile creatures.'

Humans may suck ass but a human is the one wasting your time by making you read this. May as well carry on to the next story though, right? :)