Sanctuary of Death

There's an Isle on the east called De Pride Isle. It houses lost and 'mentally ill' kids and teens. At the front gate, four friends meet... Neo, Rayan, Friend and Aroval. As they uncover the mystery to this Sanctuary, they encounter terrible secrets that will forever be forgotten... Or at least, That's what THEY thought. What THEY hoped for.

The large Latino-style mansion was covered in gorgeous red and beige bricks as Neo, a short and childish tween had finally arrived at her new home. While waiting for the gates to open,  she noticed her fellow Island-goers and decided to befriend them! A tallish boy with fluffy blue hair, a girl with brownish hair and finally, a boy dressed in all white, with a hood only just covering his spikey black hair.

 ''Hello! I'm Neo! Are you staying at the Sanctuary too?'' Neo introduced herself, excitedly as the girl with brown hair talked first. ''Hi... You can call me Friend. And yeah, I'm gonna live here too!'' She said, almost timidly. The tall blue-haired boy spoke up next, ''Cool! So are we!'' He said while pointing to the boy in white. He continued to introduce himself, ''I'm Rayan! I talked to this one on the boat, his name is Aroval! He doesn't talk much though.'' Rayan gave a happy smile as Friend started talking to herself. Neo recognised the kind of talk it was and beamed in saying, ''You have an imaginary friend too?!'' as Friend simply replied, ''Yeah! Her name is Mary. She's my best friend forever!'', ''Awesome! My imaginary friend is called Safalin! She's shy though so she hasn't talked since I got off the boat... But she's here with us still!'' Neo lit up as she waved back to her imaginary ghost friend, Safalin. ''Wow... I've never met imaginary people before! I grew up with a bunch of siblings so I wasn't really lonely enough to find an imaginary friend!'' Rayan explained as they all smiled at one another. ''Let's stick together! We can be like brothers and sisters!'' Friend exclaimed to the three as Aroval spoke up for once. ''Sure... But I have a bad feeling about this place.'' His voice was soft and childlike, but with a naturally dark tone to it.

''Pretty voice!'' Friend complimented Aroval as he smiled and nodded in thanks. After the sweet moment of finding friends, the doors finally opened as the Nurse's welcomed the new patients of the Sanctuary. Neo spoke excitedly, ''They seem super nice!'' as Aroval spoke up for a second time that hour, ''Too nice...''. The head nurse, 'Dr Val', noticed the group of friends and eyed them up and down. ''Why, Hello there children! Unfortunately, I can't stay to chat but I hope you enjoy your stay, here at De Pride Isle Sanatorium!'' She said, upbeat as hell. While fast walking past them, Aroval had pick-pocketed a nail file from her back satchel. 

A few hours went by as they went to dinner, then went to the church for Holy Water handouts. ''Why do we need holy water?'' Neo asked, rhetorically. ''Because they're religious, I think.'' Friend answered, almost as confused as Neo. ''Actually, I think it's because the dinner is so bad and this is like medicine!'' Rayan joked, as they remembered their Octopus dinner and laughed together.

After Holy Water handouts, it was time for bed. But little did any one of them know, this was only the beginning...

The dorm rooms weren't rooms. Well, they were but they didn't have normal doors. They were hard metal... Like the one's you'd see in mental asylums or zombie apocalypse bunkers. Because Neo decided not to drink the Holy Water, her arm started twitching uncontrollably by the time she sat on her  ''bed''. Though it was more like a blanket and pillow on a wood slab. She tried to sleep as all of her friends did, but the twitching of her arm came with great pains. First her arm, then her head, then her whole body aches as if she was unwillingly transforming into a monster... Or maybe she actually was. She couldn't take the pain anymore. She couldn't hold back her winces of pain and her ungodly screams. But even her screams started to sound monstrous with a slight growl to them. Of course, this woke up her friends. 

''Neo?! Are you okay?! What's happening to you?!'' Friend ran over to Neo, teddy bear in hand, trying to find a way to help her. ''Jesus Christ, Your whole body is twitching!'' Rayan said, holding her hand as Neo just squeezed it in pain. After a few seconds, the pain was so bad that Rayan had to remove his hand from hers as she squeezed it way too hard. An ungodly strength. Aroval just sat there, wide eyes and started muttering under his breath, ''I knew something about this place was bad...'' or ''I should have known...''. ''Here! Take Mr Freddy! He's my teddy, see? Here! Hold onto him tight!'' Friend said, handing Neo her teddy bear. All she could do was let this ungodly, monstrous and certainly evil force take her. She tried to fight back at first but that made the pain even greater. ''Aroval! Help us! Do something!'' Rayan exclaimed to Aroval who was awoken from his regretful trance. He quickly ran to the metal door and used the nail file he had earlier to file open the lock and open the door which, for some reason, the nurses locked tight. ''I'll go find a nurse! Or someone who could help!'' Aroval said as he sprinted out the newly unlocked doorway.