018.

"I'm hungry," y/n told him as she raised up from his bed. He woke up from hearing her voice.

"I don't know how to cook .." Mattheo trailed off.

"Well I can, do you have any food to work with?" She asked.

"No lay down. Your sick" Mattheo pulled her back down on the bed.

"I'm not sick Mattheo." She tried to lift back up, but his hand was holding her waist down.

"Yes you-" y/n's eyes started to roll into the back of her head as she seized uncontrollably.

"Fuck" he cursed under his breath, trying to stay calm. Mattheo heard someone's screamed, and turned around to see Hayley look at her daughter in terror.

"What's wrong" Hayley yelled, rushing over to her.

"I don't know, she fainted earlier" Mattheo yelled back.

"She's having a seizure" Rebekah said as she stared at her in shock. Mattheo hurried to turn her on her side as Hayley ran to go get a spoon.

She came back and put the spoon in her mouth as she slowly stopped seizing. Her eyes returned back to normal, but she was slowly closing her eyes.

"Why is she closing her eyes" Mattheo yelled as he shook her.

"Let her sleep, she's tired" Rebekah said calmly. Hayley walked over to her daughter and stroked her hair softly.

Mattheo got up from the bed slowly. He walked out the room along with Rebekah and closed the door behind him.

"God you are so beautiful" Hayley said as tears fell from her eyes. Hayley climbed behind her on the bed, spooning her.

Rebekah and Mattheo sat on the couch. Mattheo looked around awkwardly as Rebekah stared at him.

"You are very handsome" she complimented.

"Thanks"

"So, why are you two here?" Rebekah asked.

"Protecting her from my dad .." Mattheo trailed off, trying not to be vulnerable.

"Why? Wasn't your plan to kill her and get on with it?"

"Yeah .. but now it's different."

"Love is a weapon. The most dangerous weapon of them all. Which means the pain you should worry about isn't the kind inflicted by a broken sword. But the kind that comes from a broken heart. It will break you, if you allow it to" Rebekah spoke, looking him in the eyes.

Mattheo stayed silent, thinking about all the things she just said. He knew she was right, but he would run from the entire world just to keep her safe.

"I'm not the villain in her story .. you know that?" He asked Rebekah.

"I'm very aware of that. Your the hero's in each other's story. She was a bitch before she met you and you were a complete asshole" Rebekah said. Mattheo chuckled.

"I would never let anyone hurt her. I don't care if she cares about them or not because why would they even test me like that? You know?"

Rebekah started to speak but someone opened Mattheo's front door. Klaus stood there looking around.

"Nic what are you doing here?" Rebekah jumped up quickly.

"I felt something was wrong. Freya couldn't find her at hogwarts" Klaus explained, walking in more.

"No you need to leave. Mattheo and y/n are here to keep her hidden from the other dark wizard. You can't be here, they'll find her" Rebekah pushed him out.