"Good Together" by SHeDAISY

AN: I admit it's too short, and it's mostly just fluff to get me back into this setting. I'm completely stalled. I spent the holidays reading an Avengers AU and Harry Potter fics on FF.net. So I'ma bit rusty. However, I am rereading some favorites like 1Lisamurray's "Blackbourne Investigations", BijinMum's "Driven to Destiny", JaimieTone's "A Life Less Ordinary" and of course roxandsand's "When the lights went out".  I'm hoping that a) I get reinspired for this story and b) I can convince these lovelies to send me a new chapter or two of their stories by April. I have one of those big birthdays that ends in 0 coming up. (euch) I'd love some chapters as gifts. (was that heavy handed enough?)

Standard disclaimer! I only own Lory. Everything else is the property of C.L.Stone. Constructive criticism is welcome and even requested, but flames will be used to make s'mores. I love votes and views. Please let me know your favorite lines and moments. Happy Reading.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Kitchens, especially professional kitchens, are loud places. So, it came as no great shock to Lory when Luke began signing to her from the other side of the kitchen instead of trying to shout over the cacophony of pots and dish sinks and calls for orders. They had been slammed all evening despite it being a run-of-the-mill Monday.

Between Victor's birthday, the job with the Toma team, and other assorted things it was already February.

"[I'm starving,]" he started in between pulling his latest order onto a tray. "[We're due a dinner break soon. Can you make something besides the special? Anything besides the special!]"

He disappeared back onto the floor before she could answer.

"What did he want?" Uncle asked as he began plating yet another enormous salad filled with perfectly seasoned grilled slices of chicken, slices of fresh strawberries, and crushed pistachios amongst the usual salad fillings.

"He was asking about dinner and requested anything but the special."

"He's an idiot that acts like he's allergic to healthy food," North grumbled as he grilled more chicken breasts. He'd been looking quite cheerful this evening, or what Lory would have described as cheerful, meaning he only had a resting grump face instead of an active scowl of disapproval, since his idea for Monday's special was so popular.

"Want me to feed the ravening hordes?" Lory grinned at her dad.

"Please," He nodded as he went to check on the other items. The special was by no means the only thing they were selling that night. And his kitchen was busy; he didn't have the time to stop at the moment. Although it was definitely beginning to slow down.

Lory grabbed some ground turkey, turkey bacon, greek yogurt, tomatoes, fresh dill, garlic, potatoes, lettuce, rolls, and an assortment of other spices.

She set her prep station up and began crushing, mincing, shredding, slicing, chopping, and mixing the various ingredients. The sliced potatoes were tossed in olive oil, garlic, and salt before being slid into an oven. The garlic and a bit of salt went into the ground meat and formed patties. The greek yogurt received the dill and a few other things.

Then she took her meat plate to the grill. She had made eight patties and was grilling them and the bacon at the same time.

"Crap," Lory muttered. She shot into the cooler to grab some of the sliced swiss and made it back just in time to top the burgers so the cheese was slightly melty but not too much.