"Only a Memory" by Icon for Hire

AN: Fair warning. This chapter is a little rough at the beginning. This is the reason I marked this story mature. This story will have violence in it, either in a character's past or in the future. It will also have some very frank discussions between characters about sex and may (I have not yet decided) include sex scenes. I will say everyone important gets a HEA. It may just take a minute and a whole lot of healing to get there.

I've made it a practice to try and update every time the story has hit an additional 100 views. So since it has now 700 views -I'm gobsmacked this little plot bunny has been viewed that many times - I am updating again this week. (I may not be able to keep up the pace but I'm going to try.) 

Standard disclaimer! I only own Lory. Everything else is the property of C.L.Stone. Constructive criticism is welcome and even requested, but flames will be used to make s'mores. I love votes and views. Please let me know your favorite lines and moments. Happy Reading.  

*~*~*Lory*~*~*

"YOU CHEATING, LYING WHORE! WON'T GIVE IT UP TO ME, BUT YOU'LL SPREAD FOR HIM!"

Fists and accusations began flying. The bruises began spreading and the deep ache in my bones as they cracked and broke.

Night after night.

He's not gone. He's never gone. I'll never be free of him. He'll never stop.

"IF YOU WON'T GIVE ME WHAT I DESERVE, I'LL TAKE WHAT BELONGS TO ME! YOU SLUT! WHORING BITCH!"

The jingle of a belt buckle invades the horrible haze of pain.

There's a crack of leather slapping skin and pain as it repeatedly makes contact with my bruised body. The clink of the buckle as it sings through the air to leave cuts on my back and ribs. I try not to cry out. I grit my teeth to stop my screaming.

I feel him ripping at my clothes and can't fight him any more. I'm flipped over and left exposed. I can't stop it. I can't stay conscious anymore. I hear a splintering crash as I slip into a black hole of pain and agonized misery.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Lory wrenches herself away from her recurring nightmare sitting upright in terror. She had wound up with the sofa when the sleeping arrangements were made last night. Sang had wound up with Kota and Nate in Nate's room. North and Silas had ended in Nate's Dad's room and Owen and Sean had bunked in the guest room. That left Lory on the couch and Luke, Gabe, & Victor to share the floor.

A large hand gripped her shoulder. Lory gave a small cry wrenching away to cover her head and curl into herself. Her breathing was harsh and ragged even in her own ears. She trembled in anticipation of the continued pain. It took a moment to realize there was none. Just the phantom pain left in the wake of the nightmare.

Slowly shifting to see what had happened she looked up into distressed brown eyes. She knew those eyes. They weren't the hateful dark blue that haunted her. These eyes made her feel safe. Whose were they? It was taking her longer than normal to come out of the haze of instincts the nightmare left her with.

Luke.

Now she remembered. Those eyes belonged to Luke. Luke belonged with Owen and Sean. Owen and Sean meant safety. Therefore Luke was safe.

She lowered her arms and reached out to touch him. Proving to herself this was real and she was here and not in the memory.  He sat unmoving on the edge of the sofa waiting for her to come back to the here and now. Gabe and Victor watched through half closed eyes. Both noticed the way she flinched when the door opened and North stepped into the hall.