Troublemaker (feat. Flo Rida) by Olly Murs

AN: Life went crazy. I'm sorry. 

She was feeling rather blue today for no real reason apart from the fact that it was Wednesday. Nothing generally wrong with Wednesday but she was feeling rather withdrawn and blah. Lory was just in a funk today. She finally had gotten enough of the dye off her skin that she could probably see the Toma team and not get caught. It was so very weird to have people who actively knew her have met one of her skins. It was kinda wigging her out.

"Hey, sexy," came an unknown male voice behind her as she got rid of the lunch trash. Lory turned around with a baffled look on her face as she looked at the guy behind her. He was big with red hair, squishable cheeks, and a bright mischievous smile. He wasn't bad looking, but when compared to the gorgeousness that was her brothers and their friends he was a little lacking. Lory's eyebrows raised as he dropped on one knee, grabbed her hand, and asked a stunning question. "Will you marry me?"

She just stared at him as his curly-haired friend just shook his head. Then she broke out into a bright smile.

"Let's see," She grinned as she felt more than saw her brother's approach, "South Carolina has a mandatory 24 hour waiting period. So...pencil you in for Friday afternoon?"

The boy's jaw dropped and he gaped at her. "Uh...I-- I--"

"Wait, you weren't serious?" She said in a mock severe voice. "You shouldn't propose to a girl unless you plan to follow through. That's just toying with her emotions. You should be ashamed of yourself!"

Then his friend started cracking up,"Dude, she so got you."

"Um--"

"Lemme guess," Lory snickered. "No one ever said yes before?"

"Nope," he snorted as he stood up shaking his head." And I think that may have cured me. I'll wait a while before asking again. Maybe next time you'll mean it if you say yes and not just to give me hell. I'm Mike."

"Lory Taylor."

"Oh, I know who you are. This is just the first opportunity I've had to try."

"I'm Jer," His buddy laughed. "And that was awesome. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I better get back," she began before turning around to find herself nose to chest with North. "Hope you have a tux, big brother. Apparently, I'm getting married Friday."

North just shook his head before pinching the bridge of his nose. "No, you aren't. Go sit back down. Mike. We've talked about this proposing habit."

"Don't worry. She did a better job than you of curing me. She said yes and I was so terrified I think it may have solved the problem."

"Don't propose to my sister again."

"NOPE! Once was enough! See ya around, Lory," He grinned and flicked her a two-fingered salute as he and Jer left.

"You didn't try to kill him," Lory observed as she linked her arm with North's and headed back to the others who were all grinning.

"He got you to smile today," he muttered.

*~*~*FRIDAY*~*~*

Lory: 195 Broad St. 7 pm.

She held her breath as she waited for replies. Her heart hammered in her chest. It had taken some fast talking to convince her dad to give her the night off in exchange for working the dinner shift on Saturday instead. She put her phone in her pocket and pretended to pay attention to her history teacher. He was a horrible history teacher. History was fascinating and in Charleston, they were surrounded by it. How could he make something so fascinating so boring, Lory couldn't understand.