"Putting on the Ritz" by Pamplamoose

AN: Standard disclaimer! I only own Lory. Everything else is the property of C.L.Stone. Constructive criticism is welcome and even requested, but flames will be used to make s'mores. I love votes and views. Pretty Please comment and let me know your favorite lines and moments. Happy Reading.  

*~*~* Lory *~*~*

I admit it. I totally ditched the Bossman for the baby sister. I'm terrible, I know. But..he wanted to do homework and...no. I did all the high school homework I'm going to do. Owen can yell at me about it later. I do have some homework for Chris's classes, but later. Sean will laugh himself silly...well sillier...when he figures out I'm spending my days in high school while taking college courses online at night. But right now, I have a perfect partner in crime for what's in my  little black bags.

"Ok, so I have a habit, some would call it a bad one, of giving everyone I meet a nickname... except Owen. Owen is enough of a nickname for his Royal Stuffiness. So you have your choice --which is not something I give everyone -- what do you want me to call you?" I ask the girl sitting in the room across from me on the bed in her room as I plop my bags between us.

"It doesn't matter much. Kota and the guys call me Jess, Mr Blackbourne calls me Jessica. It makes me feel grown up, like he sees me as more than a little girl, ya know?" Jessica shrugged.

"OK, but what do you want to be called? I can call you mei-mei. I can call you Jess. I can call you Jessica. I can call you Diana the Huntress, but I need to know."

"I like that Mr Blackbourne is the only one who calls me Jessica." She said shyly. "Sang calls me Jess, too. I guess either call me Jess or what was it? May-day?"

"Mei-Mei," I smile. "It means little sister and was a term of affection used for a truly badass Sci-fi character."

"OK. So what's in the bags?

"An addiction."

"Huh?"

I open the first bag to reveal that it's packed....literally corner to corner with nail polish bottles. Matte, Metallic, Glitter, and every finish in between and in every color of the spectrum.

"Wow!" Jessica exclaimed with wide eyes. "That's a lot of polish."

I open the second bag to display a modest collection of makeup. It's my "grab bag". I have entirely too much make up for one person. Seriously. I do transformations. I have everything for every skin tone. This is my smallest collection with only 10 different eye shadows, 5 eyeliners, a modest 6 lipsticks, and a paltry 4 lip glosses. Practically nothing.

"Yep. We can play with the polish or the makeup or both. You're 12? 13? You need to know how to apply make up correctly so you don't spend the first three years of doing your makeup looking like a circus reject like most girls. Now I doubt that Streaks would let you, but I will make sure you don't have to ask him for tips."

"Kota would flip."

"All the more reason. So what's the plan?"

"Umm.."I can see the curiosity in her eyes as she picks through the bags.

"First things first," I declare. "Skin care..."

*~*~* Kota *~*~*

I'm worried.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

I'm very worried.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

I let Lory walk away with Jess almost 2 hours ago. I have not heard from them since. They've been in Jess's room. And its Quiet. My house is quiet. I came downstairs a good thirty minutes ago and not so much as a peep.