"I Choose You" By Twisted Measure

AN: AAANNND We're back!  But don't get too excited as I still have lots of stuff to do and a trip for the Long Labor Day weekend so enjoy this one it's  probably gonna be a bit before I can get another one out.  I have 1 book cover to adjust, 2 to create and the text of a new novel to format and edit (I mentioned I was my friend's "publisher" as some point, right?) and a whole lot of unpacking to do.  Also I have a friend clamoring for me to finish my original. So patience is much appreciated.  So for now the Standard disclaimer! I only own Lory. Everything else is the property of C.L.Stone. Constructive criticism is welcome and even requested, but flames will be used to make s'mores. I love votes and views (and they do make me feel guilty enough to carve time out to write so keep that in mind). Please let me know your favorite lines and moments. Happy Reading.

*~*Lory*~*

I saw him out of the corner of my eye as I rolled them for the fifth time during Owen's lecture. Seriously, I was going to end up checking out my own ass I was rolling my eyes so hard.

"Calm. Down. Owen." I said, and yep, nosey bugger had taken the bait and was watching.

"Show some respect, Miss Taylor," he snapped obviously annoyed. Or it would be obvious to someone who didn't catch the flick of his eye towards our audience.

"Owen, I love you, you've been my big brother for years, but you don't get to scold me like I'm a child."

"I do when you act like one. They have it hard enough here without you making this worse. You were supposed to help, Lory. You're starting fights, skipping class, pulling pranks that have the whole school thinking you're giving sexual favours to Mr. Coleman."

I scoffed.

"I'm serious. You have to stop."

"C'mon, Owen --"

"Mr. Blackbourne. We are at school, you will address me as Mr. Blackbourne."

I really couldn't be expected to contain my eye roll then, could I? I saluted for good measure.

"Yes, sir, Mr. Blackbourne, sir! Seriously? Everyone important knew it was a prank."

"That is not the point!"

"Fine, what do you want me to --" I broke off as Hendricks made a noise loud enough I can't ignore it any more.

"Problem, Blackbourne?" He asked in is best used car salesman tone. Ugh, this man is so slimy I need a shower just being in the same room. I can't imagine how his wife must feel.

"I'm handling it," Owen clipped out. "Miss Taylor, let's finish this discussion in the office with Dr. Green."

"Miss...Taylor?" the principle questioned.

"Yes," was all Owen responded before he gestured me into his office with Sean waiting patiently.

"So, How'd it go?" He asked as soon as the door closed, taking my pulse, without permission.

"Fine," I said as I looked at him like he's a crazy person.

"He was very happily watching me..what did you call it, Lory? 'scold you like a child'?"

"I just said it a second ago and I know your memory isn't faulty."

"Well done," Sean praised before sending off questions in rapid fire sequence. "So? What was the final choice? I know you went with Uncle to the lawyer today. You were planning on changing your name. And, in an unrelated thought, I can't see Gabe approving these jeans and boots."

"Ya done?" I grinned at him. Sean was nervous. So of course, I have to prolong his agony. "To answer the last first, no. Gabe did not approve my jeans and jacket, but North did. I'm picking up my bike and these are designed for riders. As to the name, I was going to go with Lory Andrea Taylor, but Dad said no. He said he tried it out and he couldn't yell it, so it wasn't a good name."