Shopping Part 5

We pull up to a small shop not far from the house just like she said. "I come here to get clothes all the time." I follow her inside the store. I look at the racks of way too nice clothing. She leads me to the back of the store that holds a wall of bathing suits. She immediately holds up a bright pink bikini top and smiles, "what about this?"

I try hard not to grimace, "uh pink isn't really my color, but it'd probably look really good on you." I suggest. She keeps the top and grabs some black bottoms off another shelf.

"Alright I'll go try them on." She takes them to the dressing rooms behind the bathing suit wall. I'm still looking when she walks back out in the bathing suit. Her body is flawless.

"Wow that suits you really well." I admit. No pun intended I think to myself.

"Sweet I think I'll get it. You have to try something on, the guys are waiting." She goes back to the dressing room. I pick out white bottoms with leaf prints on them. I grab a blue top with a criss cross in the middle. I try it on and it fits perfectly. I walk out for Kendra to see.

"Oh honey that looks splendid on you." She claps her hand together. If she's our age she certainly speaks like shes older.

"Thanks I'm gonna get this one." I go back to the dressing room and take it off. I check the price. The whole thing is thirty five dollars. I grimace at the price but decide to get it anyways. It's not like I'll need more than one right?

We bring our bathing suits to the counter and purchase them separately. On the drive back to the house to change Kendra glances at me, "so are you and Zach together?" she asks  me.

"Why does everyone think that?" I laugh, "no we're not."

She nods and doesn't say anything else. Back at the house, I quickly change and put on some shorts so I don't feel so naked in the car. Kendra puts on a white cover up that I can still see her entire bathing suit through.

When we get to the beach we quickly spot the guys. Zach and Corbyn are laid out on a blanket. Jack and Jonah are in the water in front of them. "Hey ladies." Zach greets us when we walk up.

I give a little wave.

"Hey Zach." Kendra says to him. Zach sits up to make room for her and I on the blanket. Corbyn remains laid on his back, sunglasses covering his eyes.

"Shit we forgot towels." I remember looking at the bag sitting next to the blanket.

"Oh that's fine I grabbed an extra." Zach says.

"Oh thanks." Kendra cuts in. I look at Zach but he shrugs.

"I also brought an extra Blake no worries." Corbyn says not looking in my direction.

"Oh you didn't have to do that, but thanks Corbyn."

"No problem, you want to get in the water?" He asks.

"Um sure." He sits up and trades out his sunglasses for a hat. I slip out of my shorts and leave them on the blanket.

I glance back at Zach on the blanket but he was looking at Kendra. I'll leave them be. "You're going to lose that hat in the water." I tell Corbyn as we walk gesturing to his hat.

"Nah, it'll be fine." We wade out to where Jack and Jonah are. They're passing a frisbee back and forth.

"Hey mind if we join?" I ask when we reach them.

"Not at all." Jonah passes me the frisbee. I catch it and send it to Corbyn he smirks and passes it to Jack. We go around for a while until I miss.

"Shoot I'll get it." I wade back towards the shore reaching for the frisbee. I glance up at Zach and Kendra. Zach should've been in the water forever ago he loves swimming. They're talking but then she pushes his shoulder and throws her head back in a laugh. My chest burns and I don't know why. I turn away from the scene and try to forget it. I toss the frisbee back to Jack and just focus on them.

"So Zach tells us you make music." Jack says.

"Yeah kind of, I've never played anything for anyone other than him and my parents." I admit.

"You should play for us." Jonah says and passes me the frisbee.

"Yeah you totally should." Corbyn agrees with him.

I shake my head, "I've tried doing what you guys do, making videos on youtube. I'm no where near as successful as you."

"So? Doesn't mean we don't want to listen to you." Corbyn says as I throw him the frisbee.

"Maybe one day, I got to trust you first." I smirk.

"Oh so you don't trust us?" Jack mocks behind offended.

"Not if you're gonna steal my lyrics and use them for yourselves."

"Fair point, we'll wait." Jack says and we laugh.

"Room for two more?" Kendra and Zach wade in behind us.

"Sure." Corbyn says. They join the circle with her between Zach and I. 

After getting tired of the salt in my eyes I went back to the beach. I grabbed Corbyn's sunglasses from where he had left them laying on the blanket. I lay down on my back and let the hot sun relax my muscles. "I guess you can use them." I hear Corbyn say as he sits down on the blanket next to me. I don't bother opening my eyes.

"I doubt you would've said no if I'd asked anyways." I tell him.

"Why's that?"

"Because you're so nice." I look at him out of the corner of my eye. He's smiling down at me.

"I'll take it." Good a guy who knows how to take a compliment. He lays down all the way with his hat laid over his face to block the sun. I decide to get back in the water a little later when the swells started getting a bit bigger.

"Wanna go body surf?" I asked him.

"Sure." He follows me out to the water. I wade out until I'm almost on my tip toes. A big swell was coming so I turned to face the beach. As the swell reaches us I laid back and let the upper half of my body dip down first as the wave passed by. "Aren't you supposed to go towards the beach?" He asks swimming back to me after riding the wave.

"It's more fun to go backwards. You never know when exactly the wave is coming." I smirk at him.

"That's not a bad idea." He turns himself around and we float in the water waiting for the next wave. Our hands brush in the water but I pretend not to notice. When it hits he lets out a little, "whoa" and stands back up in the water. It raises to just a couple of inches below his shoulders. I stand back up and I'm still on my tip toes.

I see another wave incoming. I quickly position myself back to face the beach. Corbyn does the same. He glanced back just before the wave was about to hit, ''um Blake-" he wasn't able to get anything else out because the wave capped over top of us. We were both forced under the water. I forced my eyes shut and tried to push off the bottom but my toes just sink in the soft sand. I feel a hand around my forearm. They yank hard and I'm back above the water. I gasp for air. The hand pulls me up higher as another wave rolls towards us. The wave pushes me into his body and I grip his shoulder for support.

I cough up seawater and look for any oncoming waves. I see none. "Blake are you okay?" Corbyn is still holding me up in the water, his eyes wide with concern.

I cough one more time for good measure, "yeah I'm fine, I can't thank you enough. That wave was taller than I thought it was going to be."

"Oh yeah no problem." He looks away from me. I suddenly realize how close we are and I pull back a little so I can look at him easier. I look back at the beach. Everyone was laying on the blanket except for Zach. He was standing looking directly at us. "We better go back so he knows you're okay."

"Nah, he'll be fine." I give him a little salute with two fingers to my forehead. I see his shoulders relax from here and he returns the salute.

I continue swimming with Corbyn until Zach waves for us to come back to shore.