Tour Part 13

The guys ended up using the lyrics. Whenever they sing the song, Zach always sings the lyrics I wrote. It makes me smile everytime I hear his voice singing the words I wrote. They put together several more songs for the tour.

Zach and Kendra stayed together after that day in my room. But Zach is spending a lot more time with me. It always feels a little...different to be hanging out with him now. I know I shouldn't like him because he has a girlfriend and he's my best friend but it's not like I can tell the butterflies to stop, or keep the blush out of my cheeks.

The tour is coming up and no one has said anything about me going. I'm a little worried that my time with Zach and the guys is limited. I'm working on some more lyrics for the guys to use when there's a knock on my door frame. I hardly ever close it anymore even when I'm singing. "Hey what's up?" Zach's standing in the doorway. I clear some room for him on the bed.

"I wanted to talk to you about the tour." He says and sits down on the bed. Shit here we go. I nod and he continues. "I want you to come and so do the guys. But if you go we're really going to put you to work." He smirks.

"Yes! Absolutely I'll do whatever you need me to."

"Okay well for one keep working on lyrics, but we need someone to help Kendra." He sighs.

I grimace, "well I'll take what I can get."

"Can be too hard to rally you guys anyways." I laugh.

It has been harder than I thought it would. We're two shows in and it's almost impossible to get them anywhere on time even with Kendra's help. "Guys you need to be dressed and ready in five let's go!" I call into the dressing room. I close the door behind me and pray they get their shit together. With one minute to spare the boys are ready. "Okay make up, hair, everyone good?" I ask checking my clipboard for times.

They all nod, "you're doing great." Zach whispers to me.

"Thanks." On the surface I look confident but inside I'm nervous as hell to mess up. "Alright get in places you go on in one minute." I tell them.

Kendra comes into the room thirty seconds before the guys go on. "Sorry I was busy. Everyone good?"

"Yep Blake got us all set up." Corbyn informs her.

She glares at me and walks over to Zach, "good luck babe." She plants a kiss on his lips. She looks back and me with a smirk. I look away hoping Zach doesn't see the grimace on my face.

"Alright go!" I tell them and they run out onto the stage. I stack up some water bottles to the side of the stage so I can hand them to them when they're ready.

"I get that Zach told you to help, but don't you think you're over doing it?" Kendra sneers.

"No I'm just doing a better job than you and I don't even get paid." I laugh.

She stomps off in a huff. I sit criss cross on the floor to watch the performance.

I hand Jonah a water bottle and he runs back onto stage with a nod as his thank you. When the song with the lyrics I wrote starts to play I stand up to listen. I have never seen Zach look more confident on a stage. He's smiling and singing his heart out. I envy him for his confidence. I wish I could sing my music like that. I find myself smiling, he glances over at me and smiles wider.

They come off stage after the concert and Zach immediately hugs me. "You did so good!" I whisper into his shoulder.

"Thanks." He pulls away from me and looks around. "Where's Kendra?" He looks worried.

I shrug, "don't know she left right after you guys went on." Shit I should've kept my mouth shut.

"She didn't watch?" He looks hurt.

"I'm sure she came back and I just didn't notice." I try to cover for her. Not for her sake but Zach's.

He just nods and walks off to change. I tell the other guys they did good too then leave to let them change. They come out and we all climb back onto the bus.  We drive over to the hotel and the guys rush inside before any fans spot them. I've been staying on the bus to save money so I tell them all goodnight before they get off.

I'm laying in my bunk when I hear the bus door open. I look around for the heaviest object I can find just in case I have to defend myself. I pick up one of my hard back books and get down from my bunk. All of the lights are off but I can see a figure in front the lights coming from outside. I lift my book and they turn on the light. "Zach?" I lower my book.

"Sorry if I woke you." He sighs then eyes the book in my hands, "what are you doing?" He smirks.

"I thought you were an intruder." I say.

"So you were going to beat me to death with a book?" He laughs and goes to his bunk.

"Pft no! Just cripple you enough so I can get help. But what are you doing here?" I ask as he climbs into his bunk which is across from mine.

"I couldn't sleep." He looks away from me so I know he's holding something back.

"And?" I get back into my bunk and sit cross legged facing him.

He sighs, "I- no I can't."

"Zach no secrets come on talk to me." I press.

"Somethings been off with Kendra since we started touring and I just don't feel comfortable sleeping next to her." His cheeks turn red and I look away for a moment feeling mine do the same. "Sorry you probably didn't want to hear all that." He shrugs.

"No it's fine, what do you mean she's been off? She seems like her same bitchy self to me." He glares at me, "sorry but seriously."

"I don't know she's been almost avoiding me, I mean even last night at the show she didn't even watch like you said. I mean she's my girlfriend she's supposed to right?"

"Watch you yes, avoid you no. Maybe you need to talk to her. Confront her about it, there's probably a reasonable explanation." I tell him. While I still don't like them together she makes him happy and that's all I care about.

"Okay but I'm still sleeping here tonight." He lays back and stares at the roof above him.

"Great so much for peace and quiet I get to listen to you snore all night." I grumble and lay back too. A second later I feel something soft hit my face. I lift the pillow up and throw it back at his smiling face.