Diner Part 17

We're at the show when the guys decide to take a break during the concert. Kendra is no where to be seen. Shit should I go find her? Zach's off stage first he immediately walks up to me, "where's Kendra?"

"I uh dunno, maybe she went to the bathroom. I'm sure she'll be back." I ramble. He sighs and walks out towards the bathrooms.

"How long has she been gone?" Corbyn asks me.

"Since you guys went on stage." No reason to lie to him.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. They all sit on the couch and drink some water before they have to go back on. After a few minutes Zach comes in the door and sits in front of his mirror. His eyes are red and puffy. I walk over and wrap my arms around him. I don't say anything waiting for him to calm down his breathing was still ragged. "She said never again and and-"

"Shh it's okay you don't have to talk about it right now." I whisper and he nods into my shoulder. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to him. I feel my shirt grow a little wet from his tears but I don't mind. He must've seen her with that guy. How could she do this to him? I mean can someone truly care that little?

"We have to go back out." I hear Jonah say. I look at him and he's frowning at Zach.

I feel Zach nod into my chest, "okay I'm ready." He lifts up his face and retracts his arms. His eyes are still red. I wipe the wetness off his face with my shirt.

"It'll be okay. We can talk after the show." I tell him and he just nods. His face goes blank as he gets ready to walk back onto the stage.

I watched as Zach sang his part in Perfect. His face sank at the truth in his words. I hope none of the fans notice.

After the show Zach walks out the door without a word. He takes pictures with fans and immediately gets on the bus. When we all get on he's already on his bunk, curtain closed.

We left him alone for the rest of the night and the next day. He only came out of his bunk for food and went right back. A couple of hours before the show I pull back his curtain, "Zach?"

"Go away." He tells me.

I pull back the curtain more and shine the light on him. He's shirtless in basketball shorts facing the wall. "You need to get out and stretch your legs we've been driving for hours."

"I'm good, I'll get up for the concert." He continues facing the wall.

I sigh, "Zach get your lazy ass out of that bunk."

"No thanks mom." I hear him laugh a little.

"I will make you." I warn him.

"How so?" He looks over this shoulder with a smirk.

"Oh you asked for it." I reach up to him and tickle his sides. He lets out a yelp and starts laughing.

"Blake stop! Stop!" He says between laughs.

"Not until you get up!" I continue to tickle him.

"Alright! Alright fine!" He puts up his hands and hops out of the bunk. I blush seeing him standing there shirtless.

"You might want to put on a shirt, don't want to give the fans a heart attack." I say and pull his shirt off his bunk.

"I don't know could be fun to watch them swoon over me." I toss him his shirt but his smile fades.

"Zach I know it's going to be hard but I'm here okay? If you need to talk about it or just vent no advice given I'm here." I smile at him.

"I know Blake I just don't really want to talk about it yet."

"Can I ask one thing though?" I look down at the floor as he slides his t-shirt on. I look back up to see him nod. "Did you break up with her?"

He sighs, "yeah I walked in on her, said some choice words and told her we're done. But I don't want to think about it. You want to go get dinner before the show?" He asks me.

I smile, "absolutely. Do you want to get the other guys?" I offer.

"Nah they'll want me to talk about you know what so just me and you tonight?" He asks and I nod. I grab my purse and we walk down the sidewalk. Clearly neither of us are dressed for anywhere too nice so we find a small diner. Hopefully we won't run into any fans here either.

We sit in a booth across from each other. The waitress takes our order checking out Zach the whole time even though she looks to be a couple years older than us. I pretend not to notice. She's only gone a moment and back with our drinks. I order the first thing I see on the menu, I don't know how much money I brought with me.

After we finished our meals I turned to Zach, "you feel better now?"

"Eh not really but well enough to fake a smile." He tries one but he just looks like he's in pain.

"Oh come here." I walk over to his side of the booth and pull him into a hug. He wraps his arms around me and leans his head into my shoulder.

"Now I feel a little better." I hear him whisper. I smile and hug him a little tighter. The waitress comes back with the bill and I tuck the cash into it and leave a tip. "Hey I'm supposed to pay."

"No because for one we're not on a date and two you didn't bring any money. Besides when has that mattered before?" We've gone out to eat several times together. We never really paid attention to who paid for it. Well I didn't.

"I dunno guess it doesn't." He shrugs and stands up. I follow him outside as we were on the way to the bus it started raining. "Shit!" He yells and grabs my hand. He's dragging me through the rain all the way to the bus. We make it back inside and I close the door behind us. We're dripping wet and laughing. The other guys look at us with confusion.

"We went and got dinner." I explain.

"Okay well we have to be ready in an hour." Jonah says. I nod and toss him an umbrella.

"Then you're going to need this."

The guys shared umbrellas amongst themselves I found my rain coat in my suitcase and held it over my head while we were walking. Zach spotted me and walk over to me with an umbrella. "I had an extra we can share." He says and I let down my jacket.

"Thanks." I say and he nods. We get inside the building and try to shake the wetness off of us. I can't help but stare as Zach runs a hand through his wet hair. I never found that attractive before why now? He smiles at me and I smile back looking away. God I hope he didn't notice me staring. We walked to the dressing rooms and I continued on to the backstage area. I still haven't seen Kendra. I wonder if she's still working just doing something else.