Butterflies Part 12

I wake up. The room around me is dark no light coming in the window, it must still be early. I go to roll over but there's something on top of me. Not something someone. Zach's arm is draped over me. I turn so I'm facing him. His arm remains around my waist as I look at his sleeping face. The light from the door shows his hair that's fallen over his eyes and theres drool on the pillow. I laugh a little and Zach closes his mouth. Shit I think I woke him. He opens it again and let's out a snore. I laugh again and he smiles. His eyes are still closed so he must be dreaming. I was about to close my own eyes and go back to sleep when I heard him say something. "What?" I whisper.

"Blake..." He doesn't say anything else. Did he just say his name in his sleep? I wonder what he's dreaming about. I reach my hand up and move the hair out of his eyes.

"Zach I think I like you." I whisper the words. His eyes don't open but he smiles. "Are you awake?" I'm answered with a snore. No thank goodness. I said it. I like Zach. I can't ignore the feeling of his arm around me and looking at his sleeping face gives me butterflies. I can't explain it.

I close my eyes and don't wake up again until the light is shining through the window. I open my eyes and see Zach's eyes are open too. His arm is no longer around me and we're much further apart than we were last night. I sigh. "You okay?" He asks.

"What yeah, just a uh- headache." I lie.

"Oh well I'll go get you something." He starts to get up.

"No don't!" I say too quickly and he looks at me weird. "I'm fine just chill out for a little while please."

"Um okay." He lays back down but this time he props himself up on his elbow.

"So uh did you have any dreams last night?" I ask him. He blushes and looks away from me. "ooh that good? You have to spill!"

"No Blake it's embarrassing." He looks back at me.

"Oh come on! You used to call me when you had the dumbest of dreams just because you couldn't wait to tell me!"

He bites his lip, "fine, I had a dream that I kissed Kendra on stage."

My face falls, "oh that's...cool." but he said my name last night. "You didn't have any other dreams?" I press.

"Not that I know of why?" He looks confused.

"No reason just wondering." I shrug it off.

"What about you?" He asks and smirks.

"Nothing I can remember." I really didn't dream last night surprisingly.

"Oh really? Cause I heard you calling Corbyn's name. Corbyn oh Corbyn!" He mocks a girls voice.

"You are such a liar!"

"Am not!" He laughs.

"Mhm sure." I roll my eyes.

"This is where you were?!" I roll over and see Kendra with her hands on her hips. She standing in my doorway. "And where the hell is your shirt?!" She practically shrieks.

"Whoa calm down I fell asleep I'm sorry and it got hot last night." Zach gets out of bed and reaches for her.

She pulls away, "I knew I was going to catch you with this-this slut!" She spits the word at me.

I'm standing up out of my bed, "what the hell did you just call me?" I wobble a little ugh I got up a bit too quickly.

"You heard me." She sneers at me.

"Kendra you can't say that." Zach tells her.

"But that's what she is!" She protests.

"Kendra that's enough. Let's go." He pushes her out of the room and closest the door behind him. I collapse back onto my bed. Maybe she's right, what was I thinking telling him to lay with me? He has a girlfriend no good could have ever came out of it. My head was in my hands slouched over the side of my bed when there's a knock at the door.

"Go away." I say.

"Can we come in Blake?" We? Corbyn pushes the door open and all of the guys walk in except for Zach. The sit down on my bed around me. "We heard what Kendra said. We wanted to check on you."

"I'm fine, doesn't matter." I wave it off.

"But it does. She only has this job because her uncle is one of the managers." Daniel explains. "She can be gone immediately if we want."

"What no she does a great job. So she's got a sharp tongue I'll be fine. Sticks and stones." I stand up and wobble again. Corbyn catches me before I fall and sets me back down.

"Okay." He says and pats my shoulder.

"Where's Zach?" I ask.

"Trying to calm Kendra down." Jack says.

"Lovely well you guys have work to do so get to it and I'll catch up with you later." I stand up to wave them out of the room.

"Just let us know if you need anything okay?" Jonah smiles and so do the other guys.

"I will now shoo don't want you getting in trouble." They leave willingly and I shut the door once they leave. When I feel like this there's only one thing to do. I get out my guitar and notebook. Then I remember my new book. Maybe this'll be the first thing I write in it. I dig the journal out of my bag and lay it out in front of me. I just start putting down all of my feelings, starting with how I feel about Zach. I describe the butterflies and the comfort of his arms around me. I move on to the jealously and how Kendra makes me feel. I grit my teeth together writing that part. After that I close my eyes and think about last night. The way Zach's voice sounded when he said my name. I've never heard him say it like that before.

I use the counter melody from the first night we were here. My humming turns to words. I pause to write when I hear a bump outside of my door. I quietly get up and walk over to my door. I swing it open to find five boys with their ears practically pressed to the door. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I demand.

They put on sheepish grins and look back and forth between each other. "I came to check on you again and I heard you singing. The guys saw me and we were just listening to you. You sound amazing Blake." Corbyn says.

I blush, "I thought I told you guys not to listen!" I can't be mad at them though.

"Honestly we could use that." Daniel states.

"Wait really?" I gasp.

"Why not? I mean does it have personal value or..?" He asks.

I glance at Zach but look back at Daniel. I don't register the look on Zach's face when I looked at him. "Nope just writing for the heck of it."

"Um just bring the lyrics to the studio." Daniel heads back and they all follow except Zach.

I turn back to my new journal and tear out the page with the actual lyrics written on them. I leave the pages with the reasons behind. "what was that about?"

"Like I said no meaning." I shrug.

"Blake you never write without meaning." Dammit he knows me too well.

"Doesn't matter." I shrug it off and pass him to take the page to the studio.