Dinner Part 21

I stop. Laid out on the floor is a little blanket. It's covered in food and Zach is also laid out on it. He's wearing a button down shirt and some blue jeans. He looks better than me at least, I'm in a tank top and ripped jeans shorts. He stands up when he sees me walk in. "You look great Blake!" He beaming.

"You look so much better but okay." I laugh and we sit down. "So this is the fancy dinner?"

"Do you not like it?" He frowns.

"Of course not I love it! Way better than any fancy shmancy restaurant."

He smiles. "Awesome, well dig in." He gestures to the food in front of us. There's sandwiches and grapes. Strawberries, watermelon, carrots and celery. It's everything our mom's used to make for our picnics as kids.

"God it tastes just like your mom's." I say biting into a sandwich. It has the special sauce she always made with it.

"I texted her for the recipe turns out it's way simple, we had the ingredients here if that tells you anything." He laughs and takes a bite of his sandwich. I take a bite out of a strawberry.

"So what inspired you to do this?"

"Just our talk last night, thought it'd be fun." He shrugs.

"Where are the other guys?" I ask.

"Out getting their own dinner." He says.

"Wait we stopped?"

"Yeah like an hour ago." He looks at me and laughs, "you didn't even notice did you? You had your nose stuck so far into that book."

"Yeah I guess I mean Corbyn left so I went and read. I didn't process he left the actual bus." I laugh but Zach isn't laughing. "What?"

"You know how he feels about you right?" He asks me setting down his food.

"Yeah..." I trail off, I don't know what to say about it.

"I don't think you should hang around him so much." He says.

"What? Hes my friend why can't I hangout with him?" I'm a little aggravated now. Zach and I aren't even dating and he's trying to tell me who I can and can't hang out with?

"It's not that it's just its hard to be around someone you like without them liking you back." He looks down.

"But he asked me to hangout with him. I love hanging out with Corbyn he's great and I'm not going to stop." I huff.

"Okay fine I'm just saying." He raises his hands in defeat.

"Wait how do you know he likes me?" I ask and realize how dumb that sounded.

"Well I mean he told us after a week of you being here but I knew from the moment he opened the door our first day. He was interested the moment he laid eyes on you. I mean I can't blame him." He says and looks me up and down.

I blush, "but you didn't." I point out.

"Different circumstances." He shrugs.

"Alright I give you that." I say.

We joked around and just enjoyed ourselves until the dinner was over. I was sad that it had ended. "You want to go for a walk?" He asks me.

"Sure we need to bundle up though." I put on a long sleeved shirt and some pants with a coat. He just grabs a coat.
"Ready?" I ask.

"Yep." He grabs my hand and we walk out of the bus. We're not far from the beach so we walk down to it. I wouldn't dream of getting anywhere near the water. I'm sure its freezing. "You want to go for a swim?" He jokes.

"Yeah as if." I laugh. My tone turns a little more serious, "so what now?"

"What do you mean?" He looks down at me confused.

"With us?" I specify.

"Oh." He ponders for a moment. "Do you want to be mine?" He smirks.

"Yeah." I practically whisper.

"Then I think that settles it." He seems proud of his decision.

"What are we going to tell our families?"

"Pft they probably saw this coming. My mom mentioned it before we left together." He says.

"Oh my gosh my dad did too!" We laugh. "Maybe we should've listened."

"Eh we didn't and look where it got us."

"Um you got cheated on, when you could've been with me the whole time." I point out.

"Pft whatever." He frowns a little.

"Look Zach if you're not over her then we can wait. We don't need to rush things, we got all the time in the world." He pulls me into a hug. He spins me around and I laugh.

"I want this, I want us. Sure thinking about Kendra stings but you'd never do to me what she did." He seems so confident and it makes me feel amazing. I ease up onto my tip toes and kiss him. I've never felt happier in my life.