Therapist Part 6

Corbyn and I went back to shore and the guys announced they were hungry. So I got the towel Corbyn brought and dried off. Once I was dry I slid on my shorts "so where are we going?"

Jack named off some place I've never heard of so I just nod and go along with it. "Hey can I ride with you guys? I'm a little sun burnt and don't know if I'll make it in the convertible." I glance at Kendra and she just smirks.

"Sure we've got room." Jonah answers me.

"Oh yeah Zach you can ride with me if you would like?" Kendra offers him.

"Sure." He shrugs. I look at him trying to read the look on his face. He can't seriously like this girl? I mean she's obviously a prick! We used to make fun of kids like her at our school. Calm down Blake you hardly know her yourself and if she's truly a prick he'll find out for himself. I sigh and hope no one notices.

I slide into the backseat and end up back there with Corbyn. The ride wasn't very long and I got to listen to the guys sing along to the radio. They had amazing voices. I also sang along to the songs I knew just much quieter than them. When we got to the restaurant Kendra's convertible was already parked and empty. The rest of us walked inside to find them already at a circular booth big enough to accommodate us all. I slide in next to Zach. Kendra didn't look to happy about that but I pretended not to notice.

I don't pay much attention to the food I order just to the pair of people sitting next to me. When there was a break in the conversation I tapped Zach's knee twice. He nodded without looking in my direction. "Will you excuse me?" He stood up and I did the same. I followed him out of the booth and around the corner to stand in front of the bathroom out of sight dorm the table. "what's wrong Blake? I thought we only used the knee tap in emergencies?"

Zach and I invented the knee tap when we were younger for when we needed to talk to each other away from other people. Like when we were making plans and didn't want our parents to know about it. It made an easy escape. "I know and it kind of is. I wanted to ask you about Kendra."

"What about her?" He looks aggravated but I'm not sure why.

"Do you like her?" I'm not one to beat around the bush.

"So what if I did?" He's definitely aggravated.

"Zach I'm not saying it a bad thing I'm just trying to keep up that's all. You're my best friend I'm happy as long as you are."

His face softens, "I know I'm sorry. Do you think she knows?"

"Either way I think she likes you anyways. But please get to know her first." I've watched Zach date girls and almost immediately regret it because he didn't know them well enough. I can't say I haven't done the same.

"I will. Don't worry." He pulls me in for a hug. We let go and go back to the table. When we got back to the table our food was already served so we sat down and dug in. Zach talks to Kendra most of dinner. I talk with the other guys getting to know them. I really think I going to have a good time here.

For the next week I focus on my songs. I make one new one to add to my other two. I plan on street performing after Daniel gets here. Give myself some time to get the confidence. Luckily I didn't have to wait long. A week after Zach and I got here Daniel arrived. I was in the kitchen we he knocked on the door so I answered it. "You must be Daniel."

"Yep do I know you?" He asks as I let him in.

"Nope but I'm Blake, moral support." That statement has become true over the last week. The guys would sing all the time and I was constantly complimenting them. They were nervous to be performing for an actual group manager. Now that Daniel is here I'm sure the reality will only become more apparent. "Guys Daniels here!" I call into the rest of the house. The other guys come out of there rooms to greet him. I leave them be and go back to my room.

I spot my new flip flops on the floor next to my bed. I went and bought them earlier this week. Maybe I'll go dip my toes in the pool. It's my turn to relax. I slide them on and make my way back down the hallway. I walk back into the living room and notice Zach is missing. I shrug and walk out the back sliding doors to the pool. I immediately regret my decision.

In the pool is Zach and Kendra. Lips locked together. They don't even notice me. I turn back around and hope to not make a noise. I make it back inside without any unwanted attention. I sigh when the doors are closed, "hey Blake you going for a swim?" Corbyn asks me when I sit down on the couch next to him. Jack and Jonah are still talking to Daniel.

"Not anymore." I sigh. Corbyn looks past me and out the window which is what I wish I would have done before I stepped out. His mouth forms a silent 'oh.' He smirks, "damn he moves fast. Lucky guy."

"Dumb guy I'd say." I mumble.

"Do you have a problem with them being together?" Corbyn asks confused.

"What no, I just wish Zach wouldn't be so," I pause searching for the right word, "naive."

"Mm well boys will be boys." Corbyn states and I punch him in the arm.

"You guys are ridiculous."

"So Blake who are you supposed to be moral support for?" I realize all of the boys are looking at me now. Daniel was the one who spoke.

"Oh Zach, we've been friends since we were kids and he asked me to come with him." I explain.

"Really? Cause you don't sound all that supportive." Daniel points out. The other guys look dumbfounded.

"I just want what's best for him, I really don't want to see him hurt that's all." I tell him.

"I'm sure but just be careful. You need to give him space too. If he ends up mad at you he definitely won't listen then."

"Damn Seavey maybe you should've been a therapist." That earns a laugh from everyone.

"Yeah maybe."

Zach and Kendra eventually come inside and greet Daniel. I take that as my cue and leave. I want Zach happy but I still get a burning feeling in my chest anytime I see him with her. I can't figure out what it is.