ITZY X MALE READER (Part 1): Arrival

You stood in amazement as you walked out of the airport, taking your first steps on korean soil. It felt strange, finally leaving the states to live out your dream of becoming a prominent producer in the kpop industry. You had been a fan of the genre for years and decided to pursue music because of it. It was practically a given you would end up here seeing how much kpop music has inspired you and yet, you couldn't help but feel nervous, like a kid about to perform at a talent show. This was the real deal, the big leagues. You had to stand out and produce tracks on par with some of the best. Even against all that however you felt you were prepared, and it seems others agreed as you've already been contacted by the famous JYP Entertainment company. They noticed your work online and thought you'd be a perfect fit to produce for a new girl group they were about to debut. You were actually going to meet the members in a two days, but first you'd have to settle into your new home.

The drive to your new apartment was uneventful but it felt incredible as you took in the beauties of seoul all around you. It was starting to sink in that you would be living here now and you were getting more and more excited. After some time the car stopped, snapping you out of your trance. "Alright here we are!" said the driver. "Thanks a lot!" you responded as you paid and hopped out with your luggage. Immediately you looked up at your new apartment complex. It looked quite nice from down here but the best was still to come. You made your way through the lobby, up an elevator to your floor, eventually reaching your new quarters. Using the key you'd just received you slowly opened the door. Inside was a nice wide open space which was clearly the living room, already furnished with couches and a tv stand. It extended to the back wall where there was a large window that practically took the entirety of the wall space. To your left was a very nice kitchen, decked out with some great appliances. To the right was a small corridor leading to a bathroom, a spare room which would soon become your studio, and of course your new bedroom, which already had a bed ready to go inside. It wasn't a mansion or anything but it was much more than you ever had back in the states and you were ecstatic. Despite how excited you were, you were also exhausted from the flight and drive to get here and needed some rest. You decided to call it a day and took a quick shower before heading to bed and practically collapsing on the fresh sheets. It didn't take long for you to drift off into a deep sleep.

Your time in korea has only just begun, and there were many amazing things to come, including something, rather someone you weren't expecting.

————(Two days later)————

When you awoke you felt waves of sore warmth cover your body. Slowly you rose from your position and got out of bed. All of yesterday was spent around the new apartment as you got acclimated to your surroundings. Even though you were in a completely new environment your daily routine didn't change much. You got dressed in some home clothes after a shower and ate some cereal while watching some youtube videos. Afterward you finally finished unpacking all your luggage you were putting off for awhile, upon completing your work you decided you'd explore the city a bit before you'd meet the members you'd be producing for at the company. It was a breezy day today in seoul so you put on some black pants a white sweatshirt and an oversized beige blazer and headed out. The city was incredible compared to your dinky town in the states, the buildings seemed to jut into the sky and people were bustling all around you. After grabbing some lunch you headed to the company for your scheduled meeting with the members of JYP's new girl group. You were not allowed to know much about this group before meeting them besides the fact they would be more of a powerful and "in your face" group when compared to their seniors in the group twice. Even with just this tiny piece of info, you had some ideas on what kind of song to write, "but that can wait", you thought as the JYP building became clear in your vision.

You got closer and closer and before you knew it you were walking through the doors of the acclaimed building. You followed the procedures you'd been told about and checked in at the front desk, excited to get started. Little did you know a completely different aspect of your life was about to be changed forever. All it will take is one person.

To be continued~