ITZY X MALE READER (Part 17): True Love

After your heart to heart with Ryujin, you drove her back to your place. You both were exhausted and disheveled but in your eyes Ryujin was absolutely gorgeous regardless. As you entered through the front door of your apartment you heard Ryujin's stomach make a noise. She slowly turned to you red in the face, embarrassed.

"Hungry Ryu?" you teased.

"...hehe yeah." she replied.

"Cmon, I'll make us something real quick, I'm pretty hungry myself." you chuckled.

You grabbed her hand and pulled her to the kitchen. Behind you she began to blush even harder as you took a look at what you had ready.

"Are you okay with leftovers Ryu?" you asked.

"Mhm!" she chimed.

You grabbed your meal from last night and laid it out on the table, preparing to reheat it. It was a platter of fajitas along with pico de gallo, shredded cheese, and tortillas to wrap all the ingredients up. You quickly got to work, placing the meat on the stove and setting the table with Ryujin's help. Soon the food was ready and you both sat at the island table and dug in.

"Mmm! y/n oppa this is really good!"

"Really? Sorry it had to be leftovers but I knew you were hungry so I made the fastest thing."

"Oh no not at all oppa, I eat leftovers all the time except mine are never this tas-ty." she said while stuffing her face.

You couldn't help but smile, but deep inside you felt conflicted. You loved Lia with all your heart, but Ryujin was such a great fit with you, even before you both went on the date, she always was a really good match to your personality. Since you got into a relationship with Lia so quickly you never noticed but you and Ryujin just click, it felt like it was supposed to be this way. While these thoughts flowed through you, Ryujin had finished her food and started to get up.

"I'm gonna go take a shower if that's okay?"

"Yeah of course." you said as she gave you a peck on the cheek.

"Okie thanks, I'll see you in a bit." she smiled as she made her way to the bathroom.

She really is perfect for you, just as perfect as Lia, you couldn't discern who had truly won your heart. You thought about the open relationship again, how you might be dating four different girls by tomorrow. The future came to mind.

"How long could that possibly keep up? And when it does end, who will I end up with?" you wondered.

"If they all like me wouldn't it just split them apart down the line? I can't let that happen. Who would I even choose?"

You moved from your spot and did the dishes while these thoughts continuously intruded into your mind causing you immense anxiety. Your love for each of the girls made you realize that you might be detrimental to them, and this sent you spiraling. After you were done you sat down on the couch in the living room as your internal crisis raged on. You didn't notice but Ryujin had finished her shower and was walking out when you had your head in your hands.

"Hey oppa do you have any pajamas I can borr-" she said as she walked out of the hallway.

She was not completely dressed, only having on a bra, underwear, and a towel around her which covered her up. Ryujin immediately stopped when she saw you.

"Hey hey what's wrong y/n? Are you okay?" she asked gently as she sat next to you and held you close, caressing your hair.

"Ryu hey yeah I'm fine it's just...I scared about this whole open relationship."

"What why? You agreed it would be best for everyone."

"I know I did but I was only thinking of the present. What about the future Ryu? If you all end up wanting to stay with me, you'll get torn apart just cause of me. I don't want that to happen." you began to get teary eyed, "I love you all I really do but I'm afraid I'll cause division between you all....and Lia....what if I wrong her?"

Ryujin felt awful to say the least. From what she had heard about this whole situation you honestly didn't have much say on how things have turned out. She realized all the girls failed to consider the mental strain this situation put onto you, instead agreeing to this for their own selfish desires to be with you. It wasn't long before tears began to form in Ryujin's eyes as well.

"Y/n...I'm so sorry...I understand...please don't be so hard on yourself, I promise we will handle this without fighting okay? Please don't worry y/n....I'm sorry...I love you." she said as she hugged you tightly, sobbing slightly.

Just then your world seemed to shift. Wakes crashed in your mind as your entire conscious came to the same conclusion. Like Lia, Ryujin is someone who you could love forever. It took you awhile to realize it. You now realized deep inside, Ryujin was perfect for you in every way imaginable. She was sweet, caring, open, funny, dependable, and strong. You hugged her back as your entire world came crashing down internally. Without thinking you spoke.

"Ryu?" you said out loud.

"Yes y/n?"

"I love you..."

Ryujin blushed a bright pink, "Wait what? What about Lia and the others? Isn't Lia your true girlfriend? The one you've liked from the beginning?" she said flustered.

"Yes it's true...but my feelings are all messed up...I love you, but I love Lia just as much.....m-my head hurts." you say, struggling with conflicting your feelings.

"Y/n...hey listen", she said grabbing your cheeks with her hands and pointing your eyes into hers, "Tomorrow we will most likely be in an open relationship with the others, let's just lead this life for now, and down the road...if you decide that way...it can just be me and you...or you and her....okay?" she said determined. "I'm so happy you feel the way you do, but I also know you don't want to hurt Lia or the others, neither do I, so we take this slow. Let's be open for now, we can talk with her in the future."

Her words seemed to completely remove all the weight you've been carrying for some time now. She was right.

"Okay...yeah...thanks Ryu..." you said.

"Of course y/n, I'll always be here for you like you are for me. Now let's get some rest, we still gotta talk with Lia about the open dating tomorrow. That way at the very least we can be together in some way."

"Alright let's go." you replied.

You kept hugging Ryujin as you picked her up and walked toward your room. her towel slipped off leaving her in just her bra and panties.

"Aah it's cold." she whined.

"Don't worry I've got some clothes for you." you said as you held her nearly bare body close and opened the door to the bedroom.

You grabbed her some clothes and laid down as she got dressed. She quickly got the pajamas on and joined you in bed. Ryujin got real close to you, your noses touching as she wrapped herself around you.

"I know this has all been incredibly cheesy, but I love you so much y/n...." she hummed.

"I love you too Ryu...I'm so sorry for being so split...I know it's wrong of me."

"It's not your fault y/n really, I mean it's an open relationship...falling for more than one person is bound to happen....I just want to make sure my friends aren't hurt."

"Yeah...me too."

To be continued~