F O U R T E E N

———————————————————————

2 months later

———————————————————————

Wanda was still trying to figure out what made her happy enough to get rid of the nightmare she was living. Now that Lexi knew what Wanda was going through she had made sure she could help her. So she took it into her own hands to make Wanda happy. 

Lexi would surprise Wanda with Ice cream when she was reading a book or her favourite food after training. She would sit with her and they would watch Sitcoms together all afternoon. Lexi would stay with Wanda until the twin would fell asleep and then she would leave to her room. 

She was also the first one to get to her if Wanda had a nightmare. Wanda even got used to seeing the brunette asleep in her bed after trying to wait for her when she had early training. But most importantly, Lexi always had in mind to send her a happy memory to distract her from what she was facing every second. And the brunette had no idea what she was causing inside the European.

Lexi was sitting in the living room drawing on her iPad when Wanda came running to her. She was wearing training clothes and her face was red, but her eyes were glowing with excitement. "I know what," She said. Lexi looked at her confused. "What, what?". "What makes me happy," She said. Lexi forgot her drawing and stood up from the couch very fast. "What is it?". 

Wanda's smile started to fate as she contemplated what her discovery meant. "Wands, what is it?" Lexi asked again. Wanda let her hands fall and took a few steps back. "Wanda?". "I... I have to go" Wanda turned around and ran away. 

Lexi stood in the living room confused at what had happened. She forgot the iPad and ran after her trying to catch up. "Wanda?". Lexi followed her to the patio, where the girl was crying on a bench. "Hey, hey. What happened?" She kneeled in front of the girl and held her legs down as she tried to escape. 

"I know you don't like it, but I need you to open up to me". "I can't" She sobbed. "Why?". "I'm gonna lose you if I do". "Wanda why would you think that!?. You're not gonna lose me!". Wanda looked at her and sighed. "You". "I'm sorry, what?". "I enjoy it when you sit down to watch Sitcoms with me even if you hate to watch things in black and white. I love to go to my room after early training and find you asleep in my bed because you tried to wait up for me. Every day I wake up and I think that I can't wait until you sent that happy memory to enlighten my days. Lexi, being with you is what makes me happy" She chuckled. "I can't believe it took two months for me to figure that out".

Lexi held Wanda's hands in hers while the girl cried with a smile. Inside Wanda's mind, darkness was still dancing around. She was still surrounded by an empty ocean of nothingness, but this time Lexi could see colourful dots flying around. 

She left her mind and thought for a second what her next move was going to be. Once she made her decision, she put her hands on Wanda's cheeks and pushed herself up until her lips crashed with Wanda's.

She knew her movement surprised the older girl, but Wanda didn't pull away. She rested her hands on Lexi's arms and kissed her back. Lexi pulled away slowly and smiled at the view of Wanda's eyes opening slowly. "How do you feel now?" She whispered. Wanda looked at her in silence before smiling. "I think it worked" She whispered. 

Lexi went inside her head one more time and saw the colourful dots growing and exploited like fireworks until the darkness faded away. "Let me try something" Wanda whispered with a smile. She took Lexi's face in her hands and kissed her again. The brunette chuckled but kissed her back. "Thank you," Wanda said once they separated. 

"Anytime" Lexi's smile faded when Wanda went to be sad very quickly. "What happened?". "Now that my nightmare ended you're gonna stop doing that," She said. "Doing what?". "Everything. Watching sitcoms with me, sending me happy thoughts in the middle of whatever we're doing, cuddling me when I have a nightmare-". "I won't stop doing that if you don't want me to stop" Lexi interrupted smiling again. "I'll keep doing it until you're tired of me and can't take it anymore". 

Both girls chuckled. "I don't think I'll ever get tired of that". "Never say never". Lexi stood up and looked at the girl. "I'll see you later, kay?". "Kay". Lexi left her in the park and walked towards her father's lab. 

Tony had a screwdriver in his mouth while connecting cables with his hands. The music blasted through the speakers as the genius worked. "What are you doing?" She asked. "Building the new program," He said. "More robots I see," She said looking at the screens in front of her father. 

"Well, we can't send humans to be watching over Earth can we" Lexi chuckled and rolled her eyes. She sat down in front of the computer and opened the program of the Legionnaire to check it out. She opened a bar of chocolate and started to fix the program while sending a cover for the ones her father was working on to the 3D printer. 

"How's your no girlfriend?". "She's fine" Lexi smiled. Tony dropped everything he was holding and looked at his daughter. "Why?". "Why what?". "Why isn't she, your girlfriend?". "Because she's my friend" Lexi moved her gaze away from the computer to her father and then back to the computer. Tony rolled his eyes and pressed his hands to his face trying to understand how his daughter could be so smart but so dumb.

"Star, she's way more than your friend". "My best friend?". "Oh my god," He whispered. "Mr. Stark, Miss Potts is a minute away from the lab" Friday informed. "Thank the lord... Hey Pepps!" She wasn't happy. "Tony I've called you more than five times. Why in the world aren't you answer?". "Star, can you believe this?" He said to Lexi. "She doesn't know" Lexi chuckled but cleared it away when Pepper looked at her upset. "I know what you're calling for, Pepper. And I don't like it". 

"Tony". "Pepper, I don't want to go" Lexi continued with her work as her parents fought over the next important meeting in Stark industries. "Lexi, you should come too," Pepper said. "Me? Oh lord no thank you". Tony looked at Pepper amused as she rolled her eyes exclaiming how she hated Starks, but not really. 

Lexi wrapped up her work and left the lab before Pepper decided to take her whether she liked it or not. She took a bottle of juice from the kitchen and walked towards her room with the thought of the older brunette rounding through her mind.